Jacksonville-based Crowley Maritime Corporation, founded in San Francisco in 1892, is a privately held family and employee-owned company that provides diversified transportation and logistics services in domestic and international markets by means of six operating lines of business: Puerto Rico/Caribbean Liner Services, Latin America Liner Services, Logistics Services, Petroleum Services, Marine Services and Technical Services. Offered within these operating lines of business are the following services: liner container shipping, logistics, contract towing and transportation; ship assist and escort; energy support; salvage and emergency response; vessel management; vessel construction and naval architecture; government services, and petroleum and chemical transportation, distribution and sales .
We are a family and employee owned company that was founded over 100 years ago. Crowley encourages its employees to grow and develop within the company and believes our diverse workforce contribute s tremendously to our success.
Crowley is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy workplace to each of its employees; fulfilling the safety, security, environmental and quality requirements of our customers; and continually improving our Environmental Stewardship through prevention of pollution and protection of the environment. To do this, every Crowley employee is responsible for developing sufficient knowledge of the Management System in order to support these goals.
RE QUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Oversee marine crewing department to ensure assigned vessels are crewed in a timely manner with qualified crew as directed by marine operations.
- Provides assistance with crew discipline and grievances.
- Ensures quality of documentation as entered by crewing staff and accuracy of eligibility reports driving crewing decisions.
- Provide coaching and lead process improvement projects with direct reports.
1-3 years marine crewing or operations experience with exposure to an organized work force. Equivalent supervisory experience may be considered.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with Access required) with the ability to learn new database systems quickly
- General knowledge of the maritime licensing and qualification procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations and union contracts as needed.
- Ability to collect data and produce reports as needed.
- Ability to perform process improvement to assist others with streamlining processes to meet goals.
- Ability to make decisions within corporate guidelines, relay clear reasoning to others and confer with management when necessary.
- Ability to make independent decisions within the scope of established guidelines and union agreements.
- Possess excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational skills.
- Handle varied projects and be able to prioritize.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Prescription, and vision insurance.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time
- Employee activity, wellness programs, and discounts.
You will be redirected to https://erecruit.crowley.com , click the “View Job Postings/ Apply for Jobs” link to start the application process.
Must be U.S. work authorized.
Crowley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Monster - 2 years ago