Meet designated weekly production levels by inputting marking information, generating production makers that meet specifications and transmit markers to the appropriate location.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Collaborate with Production Planning to ensure marker files meet order requirements by Cut Order Planning.
- Analyze production orders to ensure accuracy of fabrics and sizes. Report discrepancies to appropriate departments within production deadlines.
- Identify and incorporate the different methods of marker making (match pieces, one way markers, etc.).
- Input, review and adjust information using Nester automated marking program.
- Direct marker data to plotters to draw markers for appropriate facilities.
- Review existing markers weekly to increase efficiency for future use.
- Input order information for rush and sales sample markers.
- Collaborate with Pattern Makers to make adjustments in production.
- Maintain organized records of data exchanges and change requests.
- Collaborate with internal and external cutting facilities to answer questions and find solutions to problems.
- Identify and communicate resolutions or corrections to satisfy needs of manufacturing to appropriate personnel.
- Cross train with each marking area, as required.
- Meet required efficiencies of style and fabric savings.
- Create markers can be efficiently used in cutting facilities to meet quotas.
- Flexibility to switch tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills required, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Cognitive or spatial coordination and observation skills required.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or cutting environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Gerber software system preferred.
- Ability to communicate with leadership, internal and external customers required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize required.
- Normal office environment; cubicle setting.
- Travel rarely required – less than 5%.
- Physical lifting (approximately 40 lbs.)
- Carhartt is a tobacco free workplace.
Carhartt, Inc. - 18 months ago