The Consumer Marketing unit builds the foundation for optimal long-term donor value by providing professional resources that increase revenue and capacity for the American Red Cross.
The Market Analyst, Fundraising will rely on strong analytic skills to identify and communicate results of Direct Response campaigns as well as prepare reports and forecasts to inform future initiatives. This analyst provides information to develop, implement, and assess procedures and strategies to grow these fundraising systems. This analyst interacts directly with other lines of business to aid integrated strategic planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages monthly direct response performance for Red Cross National Headquarters and chapters. Conducts follow-up analysis to explore variances. Works with vendors and chapters to resolve cost and remit discrepancies.
- Supports analysis to identify areas for improving effectiveness and cost efficiencies through financial modeling and analysis.
- As requested, provides input for reports on direct response strategies and trends, such as email marketing, mobile, internet, social media, and alternative channels.
- Serves as subject matter expert for financial donors & constituents.
- Provides analytic support to program managers and vendors as requested to identify additional market opportunities.
- Provides support for research to identify market trends and conduct competitive analysis.
- Supports direct response projection initiatives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Works with Direct Marketing Program Managers and vendors to develop reports and projections, and to coordinate overall analysis.
- As requested, works with vendors to coordinate and help execute research projects
- Internal organizational contact includes other Marketing units, Development, Communications, Finance, IT, regions, and chapters
- External contact includes vendors
- Works with confidential and proprietary information
Training or coursework in fundraising is desirable.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing, Communications, Business or a relevant field.
- Strong data base and analytic skills, with an emphasis on email / web analytics and query based analysis
Abilities and Special Skills:
- A minimum of one year of analytic experience, preferably related to analysis of fundraising for a large non-profit organization (or comparable experience with a direct response consulting firm or agency).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the direct marketing process is a plus, including: scheduling, project management, market segmentation, creative, production, list acquisition, merge/purge, fulfillment and analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis and research design.
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A high degree of organization and coordination
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work collaborative with other units
- Ability and enthusiasm to work and adapt to new analytic tools and systems
- Strong background with analytic software, including Access, Excel, SPSS, & SQL.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience in the use of spreadsheets, pivot tables, OLAP cubes and donor databases and presentation software is required.
- Knowledge of an online marketing system is desirable.
- Knowledge of online analytics tools, including Google Analytics, is desirable.
Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs and willingness to work outside standard established business hours are necessary. A minimal amount (0-10%) of business travel may be required.
American Red Cross - 16 months ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...