We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The role of the Market Analyst for the HB Fuller Construction Products business is to provide a variety of research, analytical and modeling functions that allow teams to make better, faster business decisions and understand the impact of such decisions.
The position will solicit inputs from internal sources as well as employ primary and secondary research methods. The position will set up processes and protocols for capturing, storing and sharing knowledge, and develop analytical models.
30% Market Analysis – the position will actively provide market tracking including competitive actions, industry trends, new products, regulatory, etc. Responsibilities include establishing methodology for obtaining market data, and developing storage and sharing processes. The position will also support market expansion initiatives by understanding and quantifying new markets (provide market sizing, competitive profiles, customer segmentation and target profiles, and key success factors) to allow for decision making on market entry and exit, technology development and potential strategies.
30% Data modeling and mapping – the position will support decision making related to pricing, rebates, promotions and other customer programs, product positioning, cannibalization impacts, product line management, and other such strategies by developing financial and data models. Analytic support will include meeting with cross functional representatives to understand the financial inputs of varying courses of action, provide the data modeling to support decision making, and finally ongoing analysis of the decisions made to understand tracking against targets. The individual will also provide monthly reports on a variety of key data points and indicators, internal and external, that help us to understand our business and plan for the future.
30% Innovation Porfolio Management – the position will act as innovation portfolio manager, providing monthly updates on new product development in the Stage Gate pipeline. In addition, the individual will deliver a quarterly presentation to the leadership team that includes analysis on projects in the pipeline, as well as results of products introduced. The role will also act as administrator for the IT systems that support the process.
10% Special research projects – assist marketing director, market managers and brand management teams by obtaining secondary research or partnering with research companies to execute primary research related to strategic initiatives.
None but needs to participate in and potentially lead cross functional teams
strategic perspective, and the ability to create change
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years proven experience in an analyst role
- Strong skills with Power Point, Excel, Power Pivot, and CRM systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very comfortable with data analysis, have a strong understanding of marketing principles, a
Complete if appropriate based on position.
aligned and has impact
- Responsive to Change Refocuses efforts in a positive “how can we get this done?” manner
- Individually Accountable for Results Focuses on work effort that is strategically
- Models Collaboration &Commitment Focuses on team success before individual
- Focus on Customers Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
- Demonstrates Operational Excellence Continually looks for new & better ways to get things done
- Demonstrates Effective Self Management Values guidance while assuming responsibility for development
Welcome to the world of H.B. Fuller! Our company is a leading provider of specialty adhesives and chemical products used to create hundreds...