Signature Healthcare is a long-term healthcare provider that is committed to providing an environment of wellness, healing, and independence for its residents.
Work with the senior team to develop a strategy through the use of market data to analyze opportunities and risk within each MSA. Work with the development team to identify Merger and Acquisition strategies for activities. Help prepare and give senior / board presentations on market opportunities.
Work will be performed primarily indoors and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will also be performed routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, and guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Work closely with CEO’s, Controllers, Legal and IT to design research studies, analyze results, and help support SHC relationships.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Oversee unique company initiatives for collaborative idea-sharing that turns employee-generated ideas into new programs and business entities.
- Execute complex research projects focused on topics related to emerging trends in the healthcare industry.
- Identify key business issues, conduct in-depth research, analyze and develop original insights, write execute briefings and develop presentations.
- Use/adopt cutting edge, proprietary “big data” mining and analytics applications to monitor and analyze emerging trends.
- Conduct in-depth primary and secondary research to form or support the hypotheses; including, complex qualitative and quantitative data analysis, survey design and analysis, interviewing senior executives.
- Develop and implement tools and processes that encourage employee initiatives, innovation and entrepreneurship within the organization and manage projects generated by employees.
- Responsible for analyzing acquisitions and new business opportunities for the company.
- Develop and maintain database of potential business ventures and due diligence guidelines and practices.
- Responsible for communicating with key leaders and relaying information back to the company.
- Communicate status and performance metrics regularly to senior management team.
- Research and identify industry trends and new opportunities by tracking relevant events, publications, and announcements.
- Locate and/or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, while examining risks and potentials.
- Create executive summary for each potential acquisition.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in marketing, accounting, finance, mergers & acquisitions or related field; long-term care field required.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience with database and process management.
- Cost reporting experience and demographics understanding required.
- Good negotiating skills, knowledge of contract structuring, program/project management and valuation.
- Strong partnering and project management skills.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
- Travel to potential acquisition sites, including occasional overnight stays.