The Health System’s Regional Director of Business Development develops, implements and tracks initiatives designed to grow and retain patient and physician volume and overall profitability, in alignment with the system’s strategic plan. Director works extensively with the system’s leadership teams, medical staff and across various clinical departments to ensure growth opportunities are identified, patient and physician engagement are maximized, and obstacles to success are addressed and resolved. Position organizes and leads the system’s PRI/PEG Functions, Physician Development, Marketing / Advertising, Community Outreach, and Service Line Leaders to ensure forward motion and accountability across a broad range of goals and projects.
o Overall system market share position
- Understands health system’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats related to:
o Revenue/profitability potential by service line
o Competitive threats and payer mix opportunities
o Hospital operations (referral process, access issues, etc.) in an effort to facilitate better work relationships between referral sources and hospitals
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Facilitates and moderates the system’s PRI/PEG Functions, ensuring agendas are effective and appropriate, and issues and initiatives are assigned, tracked and successfully resolved.
- Works with Department / Service Line Leaders representing ancillary and in-market programs (i.e. surgery centers, wound care, home health/hospice programs, etc) to develop needs-based business plans and support measurable results.
- Facilitates strategic relationships between the hospital's O-team, medical staff members and key community/business leaders, focusing on opportunities to drive hospital growth and protect system’s reputation.
- Actively engages hospital leadership, participating physicians, local business community and system resources in executing identified patient development strategies (i.e. ED capture, Wellness Works, physician referral lines, etc).
- Directs - Marketing Manager in efforts to establish and maintain awareness of system and its services including active web presence, advertising and media, collateral materials, internal communication channels, etc.
- Directs hospital PRI managers in their efforts to develop, maintain and leverage a comprehensive provider database, and a targeted referral management program.
- Ensures a proactive approach to assessing and managing physician needs and opportunities, with a well-defined program for issue escalation and resolution.
- Identifies physician candidates for potential acquisition, employment and/or practices wishing to expand or initiate relationships with hospital. Develops significant relationships with practice managers and staff in an effort to understand the business needs of affiliated practices. Supports appropriate initiatives to drive volume and profitability of both hospital-owned and independent practices. Identifies opportunities for acquisition, employment and/or expansion for independent practices affiliated with hospital.
- Facilitates the execution, interpretation and communication of the system's annual (H-CAHPS, ED, OP, HH, employee, physician, community, etc.) perception surveys and related action plans.
- Directs the Regional Physician Development Function efforts in the recruitment, placement and successful onboarding of new physicians as identified within medical staff development plan.
- Actively participates in all applicable business development initiatives and learning opportunities as sponsored by the HSC. Remains current on industry trends and information related to marketing, physician and business development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred) in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in healthcare environment, with at least three in a management role.
- Proven effectiveness in growing and developing physician practices and/or clinical service lines.
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Mastery of relationship skills, particularly in an environment where stakeholders are not necessarily direct reports.
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public .
LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer