The Market Data Support Analyst will be a part of a team responsible for monitoring and managing the systems and applications which capture and process this historical data and for validating the integrity of the processed data. The archiving environment and the framework through which the archive data is consumed are evolving quickly, and this position will work with all of the impacted parties to ensure that these evolutions occur with minimal impact to production usage or to our ability to support the environment at a world-class level. The role will combine day-to-day support with ongoing engineering and planning of the archive environment as it evolves.
• Manage applications which capture historical data feeds and prepare the data for consumption by analysis applications.
• Manage applications which monitor the progress of archive applications and report status to monitoring GUI.
• Manage applications which verify the integrity of the archived data and resolve data integrity issues while maintaining a high level of communication with the user community.
• Work with users to distill business and technical requirements for the archive environment and translate them into infrastructure and development requirements.
• Work with developers to meet or exceed requirements by eliminating systemic issues, improving the quality of archived data, improving our ability to monitor for issues and strengthening our ability to uncover data integrity issues in real time.
• Work with storage engineers and system administrators to meet or exceed user requirements by enhancing availability of capture processes using clustering services and optimizing performance of storage solutions for client consumption.
• Provide guidance to users from an infrastructural and development perspective regarding best practices when accessing archived market data.
• Fluency in the general concepts involved in exchange market data messaging, including demonstrated troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to manage applications in a clustered Linux environment.
• Thorough understanding of IP networking concepts
• Solid scripting skills in Shell, PHP, Perl, Python and/or Ruby.
• Ability to develop in Java or C++ is desired.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to mentor technical support staff.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a combination of education and work experience equivalent
• Minimum of 6 years managing applications in a Linux environment.
• Minimum of 3 years working with exchange market data in the financial industry.
• System design and architecture experience
• Experience in grid computing, and systems monitoring desired.