Job Summary: As a key member of our Market Deli & Specialty Cheese Department (MD&SCD), this position is responsible for sales generation, product preparation, food safety, quality control, and merchandising. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service and sharing information with customers in the areas of specialty products, recipe content, and meal solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Immediately greets all customers; demonstrates genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
- Anticipates customer needs and questions related to products; works actively to remain knowledgeable and current in areas of responsibility, including product knowledge (e.g., product tasting, cutting-edge trends, product use research, and vocabulary development). Effectively follows through with customers, including item requests, questions, and concerns.
- Actively seeks out product knowledge and adheres to approved product sampling methods and expectations; presents product knowledge in a positive, appealing manner that promotes increased sales and best serves the customer.
- Effectively shifts-gears to meet customer needs; moves with ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling, closing the sale, thanking customers and inviting them back.
- Effectively assesses customers’ needs and appropriately suggests products. Offers customers opportunities to interact with products.
- Adheres to all food safety and sanitation requirements. Consistently demonstrates knowledge of HACCP and Department of Health provisions.
- Completes daily projects and activities as assigned or needed; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the MD&SCD management.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year food service experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
- Successful experience with food merchandising and display preferred.
- Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Metropolitan Market is proud to be the new ticket sponsor and ticket outlet for ZooTunes held at Woodland Park Zoo. Just in time to welcome...