Job Summary: As a leader of our Market Deli & Specialty Cheese Department (MD&SCD), this position is responsible for assisting the Market Deli Manager and Assistant Market Deli Manager with product management, food safety, quality control, work safety, merchandising, sales generation, gross margins, labor and general expense control, customer service, and profitability within the department. This position is also responsible for the education of team members and customers in the areas of product selections, recipe ideas, and meal solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the Assistant Market Deli Manager with developing and maintaining product displays that create an exciting marketplace; strives to develop displays that pique customer interest and impact customer buying trends.
- Assists with the effective ordering of all products for the MD&SCD; maintains product inventory at a level that promotes creative and effective sales merchandising and maximizes sales potential.
- Works in partnership with the Assistant Market Deli Manager to determine order quantities and verify cost of goods. Assumes primary responsibility for store-level vendor relations.
- Consistently achieves all food preparation guidelines, including full compliance with established recipe program; ensures prepared food consistency and portion control.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
- Maintains stocking standards that ensure high product quality, including rotation procedures. Incorporates cleaning with stocking and rotation requirements.
- Ensures all outdated products are pulled, recorded, and discarded from MD&SCD sales areas on a daily basis; determines proper replacement product quantities and promptly prepares in compliance within established guidelines.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the MD&SCD management.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one-year restaurant or deli experience required.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrates an exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage expenses.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit, inventory control and labor percentages; proven experience working with each.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations, and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Capable leadership skills; ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required; effective written communication skills necessary.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Metropolitan Market is proud to be the new ticket sponsor and ticket outlet for ZooTunes held at Woodland Park Zoo. Just in time to welcome...