The Market Development Analyst identifies and assesses both the environment and specific opportunities for new government-sponsored business (Medicaid, Dually Eligible, Medicare, etc.) in all states. The position gathers, assimilates and maintains accurate and comprehensive information via a variety of sources, including web, phone and e-mail conversations face-to-face meetings. The Analyst develops and maintains relationships with other external parties as needed to facilitate knowledge, understanding and ongoing monitoring of potential opportunities as they evolve. The knowledge is used to develop and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date framework of RFP dates, funding, enrollment, MCO competition, and other market data relevant to support and enable effective decision making by BMCHP management as to which opportunities to pursue. The Market Development Analyst also identifies national and local conferences/events at which BMCHP leadership may want to present or support/sponsor in order to build awareness and relationships that will benefit the pursuit of future business opportunities. The position also assists with a variety of marketing and communication team research, analytics and reporting needs, as needed.
- Through primary and secondary research, as well as relationship development, gather market data and intelligence relevant to supporting strategic planning/business development efforts at BMCHP.
- Identify and track RFPs and associated timing and attractiveness of various Medicaid, dual eligible, Medicare Advantage and other state/federal healthcare program opportunities nationally. Gather research on the health care climates/dynamics of various levels of support for managed care in U.S. states to determine which states BMCHP may want to enter. Information to include, but not limited to, health plans currently serving the state (or regions of a state) financial stability of state government, size of various Medicaid, dual eligibles, and other state-program-eligible populations.
- Research, compile, analyze and present information on possible health plan acquisitions or partnerships in states that might be desirable for BMCHP to enter, in response to or in lieu of an RFP opportunity.
- Research, compile, analyze and present information related to program expansion in states in which BMCHP already participates or expects to participate.
- Investigate speaking and sponsorship opportunities related to national conferences by organizations attended by individuals associated with business opportunities BMCHP might want to pursue. Once senior management approval obtained, make arrangements for sponsorship or speaking engagement.
- Determine appropriate software/tools for tracking and updating information related to business opportunities.
- Regularly monitor sources of information related to potential business opportunities for any new developments.
- Present findings in format that ties into BMCHP business development and strategic planning processes and that facilitate senior management decisions on whether to pursue potential business opportunity
- Workload permitting, assist marketing and communication team members with the following:
- development and execution of primary research studies in current or potential markets, such as brand awareness and perception studies;
- competitor research in current markets; and
- other ad hoc marketing and communication team analytics and reporting needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Health Care Administration, Marketing, or related field required.
- Two or more years experience gathering, analyzing and presenting primary and secondary research information to support decision making by senior management
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience in managed care setting and in analytical support of decision making related to potential business opportunities
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Ability to interpret, apply, compile, and present data in fashion easily digestible by other audiences.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, problem solve and use appropriate technology to analyze business problems. Project management skills a plus.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with sources of relevant information.
- Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of an organization – both internal and external.
- Creative problem solver, intuitive.
- Ability to follow lead from one information source to subsequent appropriate lead sources, i.e., good detective and research skills.
- Skilled at determining what information to share with senior management to support decision making and how to best present information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Word and PowerPoint.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan
- 2 years ago - save job