Market Development Engineer
Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a Market Development Engineer. In this position, you will provide marketing support for the Forestry Product Group to increase Caterpillar’s presence in the Global Forestry market for Track Fellerbunchers. You will determine new product opportunities, customer product acceptance, new trends and methods, product applications, training and improvements to existing products.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Involved with product development and current product marketing support.
* Conduct and participate in customer surveys to determine size, features, benefits and performance capabilities required for current and NPI machine models.
* During the NPI process, give expert advice on changes considered to performance, features, value, and price.
* Develop market specific sales support materials and assist with training sales and marketing personnel on new products.
* Single point of contact for communication with sales and marketing groups concerning application, performance, competitive pricing, configurations, etc.
* Investigate customer issues and concerns and make recommendations to address.
* Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources to provide informed and relevant technical input back to the Forestry Group.
* Support sales and marketing groups with commercial and technical application sales information; product/application discussions and presentations to internal or OEM customers at sales functions or at dealer programs.
* Participate in dealer training sessions, customer sales seminars, customer job site visits, etc. to keep informed and able to make the best recommendations for new product development.
* Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as well as thorough product knowledge.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* Six - eight years of progressively responsible job-related experience in forest harvesting.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
* A background in sales or marketing, in the Forest Products harvesting industry.
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
May 15, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Georgia-LaGrange-LAGRANGE01-LaGrange GA Plant-US
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...