Cloudant, an IBM Company, provides the world’s first globally distributed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) for loading, storing, analyzing, and distributing operational application data for developers of large and/or fast- growing web and mobile applications. Delivered as a managed cloud service, Cloudant technology accelerates time-to-market and time-to-innovation because it frees developers from the mechanics of data management so they can focus exclusively on creating great applications. It also offers high availability, elastic scalability, and innovative mobile device synchronization. For more information, visit https://cloudant.com/.
As a Market Development Manager, you will be a key part of a team focused on ensuring success for prospects and customers who are leveraging Cloudant’s next-generation data layer for web and mobile apps. You will have the opportunity to cross collaborate with various departments and roles within the organization, including but not limited to, pre-sales, marketing, engineering, service delivery and product management. We are looking for creative, flexible, high-energy people who love working with customers, solving complex problems, and want the ability to learn best-of-breed database technology. These people will be responsible for organizing and driving our business development and strategic sales efforts. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of and experience in open-source software and SaaS sales models, and a proven track record of closing deals in early markets. Market Development Managers will have significant opportunities for career growth at Cloudant/IBM.
- Structure and drive an efficient sales cycle from raw lead through close
- Improvise as needed to close business while developing sales templates, processes, and forecast models
- Analyze customer pain points and work with engineering to optimize solutions
- Build long-term profitable relationships with customers
- 5+ years experience selling software or SaaS in a B2B environment
- Proven track record of exceeding sales and revenue targets
- Strong history of getting results while building repeatable processes
- Demonstrated success in selling innovative technologies to medium and large organizations
- Ability to ‘hunt’ new customers and develop current ones
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Energy, motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work in a team
- Previous sales methodology training and Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency in office suite and web-based collaboration tools
Cloudant - 9 months ago