Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Market Development Representative augments the Field Sales organization by triaging sales calls, cold-calling prospective accounts, serving uncovered territories, and other sales related activities. Candidates should be able to understand customer interest to qualify opportunities, present Exact Sciences products, handle customer objections, and close for customer usage. This position works closely with sales management and reports to the Sales Operations Manager and has strong linkage to a regional salesteam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and triage to appropriate sales rep or manager
- Provide coverage in white-space territories, either project-specific or lead-based by managing current accounts, prospecting and closing business with customers (may require field travel)
- Provide backup territory coverage as needed
- Work with Field Sales to assist in profiling and lead generation
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects
- Complete and maintain accurate sales forecasts, data gathering and reports for Regional Business Directors and leadership team
- Cold-call prospects generated by external sources and identify leads and initiate contact to generate knowledge about landscape
- Make telephone sales presentations to multiple decision-makers within a variety of healthcare facilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Prepare bids and price quotes to support sales prospects within assigned/white-space accounts
- Monitor account inventory levels and order processing
- Review and create sales reports as necessary
- Bachelors degree or high school diploma/GED plus 2 years inside sales experience, preferably in sales or marketing role
- Ability to function productively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
- Willing to travel (including overnight stays) up to 25% of the time
- Inside sales/account management experience
- Background in commissioned, tangible product sales
- Preferred experience working with PCP/OB-GYN markets
- Examples below:
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~25% of time; sitting ~75% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
Guesstimates aren't good enough when diagnosing a deadly cancer, so Exact Sciences aims for accuracy. The firm develops non-invasive tests...