This position is a leadership position responsible for managing the successful placement outcomes in accordance with the vision standards of the organization. The Market Career Services Director will be responsible for carrying out the Career Services needs of the Akron Campus, as well as the strategic vision for the Career Services Departments within the Market to include supervising and directing overall operations. In addition, he/she will impact the growth and development of all Career Services staff. Integral to the success of the position is a strong propensity to successfully manage relationships and develop business opportunities that impact the success of Bryant & Stratton graduates, the campuses in the Market, and the College as a whole.
1. Demonstrate leadership abilities by exhibiting an ability to coach, train and develop Career Services associates. Create a learning environment within the Market that develops Career Services Director’s ability to coach, train and develop.
2. Ensure strategies and tactics are identified and enacted that stimulate employer relationships. Play an active role in ensuring the development and implementation of a Career Services Strategic Growth Plan that impacts an ability to cultivate employer and alumni relationships to locate job placement leads, manages to outcomes, identifies solid strategies and tactics, and identifies future staffing needs and opportunities for employer interaction with the College, and College interaction with the employer.
3. Manage the activities of the Career Services Center at each campus to ensure the delivery of innovative and quality focused services and programs.
4. Provide resource and training to enable students to obtain jobs in their field of study at salaries that meet or exceed fair market value and the established vision.
5. Identify and enact strategies that impact placement outcomes/student success and ensures that strategies are aligned with the mission and vision standards of the organization. Develop ability of Career Services Director within the Market to do the same.
6. Possess an ability to manage to the goals of the organization by emulating an ability to set standards, establish priorities and effectively utilize resources. Manage and develop Career Services Directors to do the same.
7. Conduct internal relationship management assessment within the Market to influence the quality of graduate. Critique, question, recommend solutions, and monitor results of various processes, practices, and methodologies, inside and outside the classroom, which impact the development of students' skills.
8. Establish a collaborative environment within the market that encourages forward thinking and stimulates personal and professional development of all associates within the department.
9. Exhibit emotional intelligence by tactfully and strategically confronting organizational and employee problems, leading with empathy, openess and authenticity, and demonstrating a level of self-management and control.
10. Possess and demonstrate an ability to inspire and influence in an effort to guide performance, grow relationships and progress thoughts, ideas and strategies that impact the success of the department and the Market as a whole.
11. Ensure compliance with company policy as well as state and federal regulations.
12. Support the vision, goals, and objectives of the Campus Directors and State Director.
Education - Bachelor’s Degree
Experience - Sales and management skills required, including 5+ years demonstrated experience managing multiple staff (multiple locations preferred)Experience in an educational setting preferred; Emotional Intelligence, Goal Management, Strategic Alignment, Coaching, Leadership, Relationship Building and Business Development. Extensive computer skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook