The Market Research Analyst serves an integral role within Meritage, influencing executive decisions within many facets of the organization. The primary role of an Analyst is to identify market opportunities and risks in the land acquisition process , including providing direction on where land acquisition should be focused and providing market research to underwrite specific land transactions. |
The Analyst will be based out of either our southern California office in Corona, or our northern California office in Vacaville.
In addition to influencing the land acquisition process, an analyst will have significant exposure to other facets of the company, including:
· Operations: Providing actionable insight to optimize homebuilding execution and profit.
· Product Development: Analyzing the success of existing floor plans and conducting research to improve designs.
· Marketing: Identifying the buyer segments upon which to focus marketing efforts and conducting consumer research to better understand buyers.
· Strategy: Modeling growth strategies for the company, which could include expansion into new markets, M&A, and different product strategies.
Day-to-day activities for Market Research Analysts will include:
- MSA Research – to proactively manage and deliver economic & market research on residential housing markets.
- Market Analysis – to provide market research in support of Division land acquisitions and existing and future communities.
- Targeted Market Research – to identify and mitigate the risks of specific land positions.
- Competitive Research – to understand the competitive landscape of either an existing or future community.
- Consumer Research – to identify buyer segments within selected markets.
- Product Research – to provide research in support of product strategies.
- Economic and other reports – to prepare selected reports to keep Meritage on top of market conditions and anticipate what lies ahead.
- Internal research – to understand why communities may be underperforming and making recommendations to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in economics, finance, real estate, urban planning or science.
- 1-3 years experience preferred.
- Analytical – able to draw actionable conclusions from often complex and voluminous data.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including proactive communication.
- High functionality in Excel – must be very comfortable in Microsoft Excel including writing formulas, linking worksheets, using pivot tables, charting data and formatting.
- Familiarity with Access – a good comfort level with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Exercise good judgment - ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems with good judgment.
- Efficient – must maximize time at work to maximize work load.
- Ideal candidates will also have strong ethics, be a great team player, work very efficiently and have positive attitude.