Market Finance Manager - Tennessee, Community Management (Job Number: 009957) |
Target Market: Tennessee
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our over 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, on-site clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Join our Finance Team and make an impact at Walgreens!
We offer an exciting Finance Manager opportunity in strategic partnership and support of our Community Management division. As Finance Professionals, we drive results by providing the financial acumen and expertise necessary to enable sound decision-making practices while striving to optimize ROI, profit and aggressive growth.
Come and advance your career at Walgreens and be a part of a customer-focused, growing Fortune 50 company. You will be surrounded by industry-leading talent while working in an organization that values innovation, quality and evidence-based decision making.
The preferred candidate will have professional experience providing business-unit finance support within a large corporate setting. Desired experience includes areas such as; financial modeling, financial analysis (ROIC, NPV, IRR, etc.), budgeting and forecasting.
Provides financial decision support to Market Vice Presidents, Market Pharmacy Directors, District Managers and Pharmacy Supervisors. This role will be responsible for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight to a designated market and corresponding set of districts to assist in achieving key objectives and will guide management on financial-related matters and decisions. Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in local cross-functional joint issue identification, analysis and resolution. This position will also be responsible for executing a variety of business planning, performance management, investment evaluation and coaching activities. Provides day-to-day financial support to 1 Market Vice President, 1 Market Pharmacy Director, approx. 6-8 District Managers and 6-8 Pharmacy Supervisors. Responsible for assisting local management to achieve their long-term financial goals by evaluating and recommending strategies for improving efficiency, effectiveness and consistency of operations and reporting.
- Creates and delivers periodic market-level business performance reviews to MVP, MPD, DM & RxS including but not limited: Monthly Operating Performance Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, P/L reviews and day-to-day root cause / exception analysis. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives.
- Conducts financial evaluations of proposed projects and investments by gathering assumptions, making financial projections using discounted cash flow principles and ultimately creating market-level business cases that substantiate the rationale for investments. This may include analysis, financial modeling or review of pre-prepared financials for new store stores, acquisition candidates and the like.
- Partners with business management to maintain a strong understanding of the key business drivers of the market, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction of the market.
- Provides financial support and guidance to Market and District supervision for the target and goal-setting processes.
- Supports strategy development in the context of the Market Plan to Win process by providing financial support, forecasting and analytics in development / support of identified opportunities.
- Responsible for the delivery of financial acumen training content to Community Management team members in the assigned market.
- Collaborate with market / district supervision to leverage existing financial and operational analytics and tools to drive better outcomes.
- Keeps market / district supervision informed of broad economic trends and development.
- Collaborates with corporate team members to support market / district supervision’s financial analysis needs.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of the business team. Contributes to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in local cross-functional joint issue identification, analysis and resolution with management and other local business partners.
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plans of action. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes.
- Leads the preparation of financial forecasts, targets and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key metrics and inputs. These targets are the basis for Performance Management measurement and enable Pay for Performance within Community Management.
- Performs periodic analyses of variances compared to target, plan, forecast and prior periods .
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, economics or store operations.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- At least 4 years experience with analyzing and/or reporting data in order to identify issues, trends or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or an MBA
- Experience in and working knowledge of the Retail and/or Healthcare Industries.
- Experience communicating verbally and in writing with medium size groups of 10-20 people that may include management up to the VP level.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...