This position can reside in one of the following auction locations: Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Orlando, FL; or Tampa, FL.
Manheim’s Market General Manager - Dealer Services is responsible for working with the GM to provide guidance to the auction based Dealer Services teams in maximizing a Dealer’s auction experience and promoting the “One Manheim” philosophy regardless of sales channel and physical location. The Market General Manager - Dealer Services collaborates with the Market Sales and Marketing Teams,MVP and location leadership to create and implement market–based strategies to exceed company expectations including: transactional growth in cars sold; customer retention and growth; seller performance; buyer performance; customer adoption of our products & technology and customer experience. The Market General Manager - Dealer Services is responsible for ensuring that the company vision is understood and embraced by all team members. This position must promote collaboration and excellence in customer experience while working with both internal and external customers including executive level leadership. The Market General Manager - Dealer Services monitors performance of the auction based Dealer Services teams, develops tactical plans to address opportunities for improvement and helps facilitate face to face communication to develop relationships with Manheim’s customers. This position reports to the Market Vice President.
- Partners with the Market Vice President to develop and execute strategic plans to grow transactions, improve customer experience and exceed all performance metrics.
- Partners with the Field Marketing Manager, Market GSM and Sales Teams and location leadership to develop the market and customer level sales strategies to promote customer satisfaction and growth and retention.
- Partners with internal leaders to develop and implements strategies for improving conversation rate and other indicators of customer performance
- Collaborates with auction leadership to assist in the recruiting, hiring, training and development of talented and passionate professionals.
- Communicates clear goals and expectations for Dealer Services Managers and Dealer Services Coordinators at specific auctions.
- Exemplifies the Cox values in all aspects of their work and their work relationships.
- Drives teams to success by holding them accountable for results.
- Interprets market place intelligence, works closely with sales, and leads team to effectively position the company to win in a competitive environment.
- Participates in customer meetings and presentations. Should be comfortable working with multiple levels within any organization.
- Works with sales in developing relationships and identifying market share opportunities.
- Helps develop a consistent approach for all Dealer Services employee onboarding and off boarding.
- Uses CRM tool daily (Salesforce) to monitor performance and activity of team; uncovering opportunities within market locations.
- Helps to identify Salesforce improvement opportunities to help support company-wide strategic initiatives and strengthen the customer experience.
- Builds strong, lasting relationships with customers and Manheim leadership.
- Manages escalated service issues by working with internal partners fostering a timely resolution of customer concerns.
- Provides continuous training to educate team on all new and existing products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment
- Easily able to grasp new product development and how to leverage resources in a competitive marketplace
- Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively and collboratively within a matrixed organization
- Knowledgeable with SalesForce.com product suite
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Travel required: 80%
- 8+ years of sales and/or account management or like operational experience strongly preferred; automotive or auction experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years of people management, coaching or training required
- Proven leadership and relationship building experience required
- Proven ability to build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business partners and executive level management; influencing without authority
- Leading teams through cultural change in an evolving industry is a plus
- Experience in developing new business from existing customer base preferred
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
- 14 months ago - save job
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...