A global research and advisory firm, Forrester serves professionals in 13 key roles across three distinct client segments. Our clients face progressively complex business and technology decisions every day. To help them understand, strategize, and act upon opportunities brought by change, Forrester provides proprietary research, consumer and business data, custom consulting, events and online communities, and peer-to-peer executive programs. We guide leaders in the business technology, marketing and strategy, and tech industry through independent fact-based insight, ensuring their business success today and tomorrow.
The Associate Consultant works with analysts and other consulting staff to help scope, manage, and deliver customized consulting engagements for clients.
Primary projects for this role will include custom market research-based engagements for technology and other marketing clients seeking impactful knowledge on their key market and data-driven messaging and marketing collateral for that audience.
• Act as a project manager for multifaceted consulting projects sold to senior-level product and other marketing executives at large/global organizations.
• Develop project plans and meeting agendas, set milestones, coordinate internal and external resources and schedules to ensure project delivery, manage project expenses and revenue, and monitor progress against client and internal commitments.
• Execute custom quantitative and qualitative research and other project methodologies; this includes conducting executive interviews, managing data gathering and analysis, and contributing to both research design and final client deliverables.
• Manage client satisfaction and project quality, with a focus on the role of our client and the goals they need met to be successful. It also includes responsibility for overall polishing/editing of all project deliverables.
• Provide ad hoc support to consultants and business development directors in the sale of customized projects, assisting in developing research/project methodologies for custom proposals, and reviewing draft proposals for content/scope, language, and grammar/format.
• Manage third-party agencies to field custom research for projects (including vendor selection, data quality control, and adherence to project deadlines).
Here’s What You’ll Bring To The Table:
Job Requirements :
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• B.A./B.S. with a strong academic record.
• Two to four years of experience at a top-tier consulting or market research company with hands-on research experience.
• Superior communication skills, including presentation, writing, and graphic design skills.
• A strong aptitude and/or experience in project management, leadership, and responsibility; experience in vendor management is a plus.
• Demonstrated capabilities in research, including familiarity with statistical methods and strong Excel skills; working knowledge of statistical software/tools (e.g., SPSS, MarketSight, SurveyMonkey) is a plus.
• The ability to collaborate across and outside the organization to meet the needs of the client.
• A high degree of intensity, follow-through, and collegiality.
• The ability to travel as needed.
Typical candidates are:
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Here’s What You’ll Get:
• Exposure to industry experts and to top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies.
• Access to research that influences global leaders every day.
• World-class learning and development opportunities.
• Global reach: Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents.
• Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative.
• Cool perks:
o All the cappuccino you can drink.
o The opportunity to rock out with guitars in our lobby and take piano lessons on Friday.
o On-site massages.
o Fierce foosball and Ping-Pong rivalry.
o A top-notch fitness center.
o Birthday cupcakes with the CEO and founder.
o Zagster bike-sharing and rental program.
o A competitive benefits package.
o The chance to work in a LEED Gold- and LEED Platinum-certified building.
Check us out online at forrester.com/careers
Join The Conversation:
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...