The Consultant works with members of the consulting, sales, and research organizations to scope, manage, and deliver highly relevant consulting engagements for clients.
Primary projects for this role will include custom market research-based engagements for technology and other marketing customers seeking impactful knowledge on their key market and data-driven messaging and marketing collateral for that audience.
• Act as a project manager and leader for complex, long-term, and multifaceted consulting projects sold to senior-level IT and line-of-business executives at large/global companies.
• Develop project plans and meeting agendas, set milestones, coordinate internal and external resources and schedules to ensure project delivery, manage project expenses and revenue, and monitor progress against client and internal commitments.
• Take the lead on research design and execution of custom quantitative and qualitative research and other project methodologies; this includes conducting executive interviews, leading quantitative/survey-based data gathering and analysis, and heavily contributing to final client deliverables. Also includes taking an active role on final project delivery and presentation to clients.
• Take a lead role in managing client satisfaction and project quality, with a focus on the role of our client and the goals they need met to be successful. Also includes responsibility for overall polish/editing of all project deliverables.
• Provide ongoing support to consultants and business development directors in the sale of customized projects, assisting or leading development research/project methodologies for custom proposals, and reviewing draft proposals for content/scope, language, and grammar/format.
• Manage third-party agencies to field custom research for projects (including vendor selection, data quality control, and adherence to project deadlines).
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Candidates holding a B.A./B.S. with a strong academic record.
• Three to five years of experience at a top-tier marketing, consulting, or market research company with hands-on research experience.
• Superior communication skills — including presentation, writing, and graphic design skills.
• A strong aptitude and/or experience in project management, leadership, and responsibility; experience in vendor management is a plus.
• Demonstrated capabilities in research, including familiarity with statistical methods, and strong Excel skills — working knowledge of statistical software/tools (e.g., SPSS, MarketSight, SurveyMonkey).
• The ability to collaborate across and outside the organization to meet the needs of the client.
• A high degree of intensity, follow-through, and collegiality.
• The ability to travel as needed.
Typical candidates are:
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research - 19 months ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...