The Market Insight and Strategy (MI&S) Manager plans, leads and executes critical initiatives to help shape business decisions and strategic choices for Eastman’s growth. Critical aspects of the position are to:
1) Generate insights and in-depth analysis on customer, market and competitive forces.
2) Influence strategy development for Eastman’s growth projects and business activities.
3) Shape business segment strategies, product offerings and marketing strategies.
4) Build selective differentiation for Eastman’s plasticizers business.
The MI&S Manager’s key responsibility is to close critical knowledge gaps by providing strategic insights.
Growth Opportunity Development
Support plasticizers growth through participation on cross-functional teams that drive projects through Eastman’s stage-gate process.
Work with market development teams to determine opportunity fit and attractiveness for Eastman including: addressable market size, key players, customer unmet needs, customer segmentation, value chain analysis and customer buying behaviors.
In conjunction with market development teams, understand how value is created and determine how to best capture and deliver through differentiated and compelling value propositions. Assist with building market activation plans that provide business results.
Champion the use of Eastman growth framework tools and processes in support of opportunity development.
Market Intelligence and Competitor Analysis
Identify knowledge gaps, manage and lead research projects to support business initiatives.
Effectively utilize internal / external resources including secondary and primary research to deliver market / customer / competitor insights that lead to strategic choices.
Evaluate macro trends and determine and communicate their business impact.
Assist with building and analyzing market data for global and regional markets.
Develop and maintain comprehensive plasticizer competitor profiles; Determine implications and leverage insights to drive business strategies
Marketing Strategy Development
Contribute to marketing and business strategies that build selective differentiation for Eastman’s plasticizers business.
In conjunction with business resources, develop positioning strategies for existing product lines.
Assist with and lead business strategy development projects.
Leverage credibility within the organization to influence business decisions.
Become an "expert" on secondary and primary research tools, Eastman growth frameworks and processes. Actively coach others in the organization on their appropriate use.
Share best practices and drive thought leadership throughout the organization.
Required Degree / Education
- BS / BA from an accredited college or university is required
- MBA preferred
- Technical undergraduate degree desirable.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing strategy / market insight / research or commercial roles.
- Proven hands-on experience in primary and secondary research methodologies, analysis and concise reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced matrix-based environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to leverage information to make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to bridge between business, sales, marketing communications and market development teams and resources
- Strategic thinker with strong collaboration, interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel up to 10%
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Eastman Chemical Company - 20 months ago
Eastman Chemical Company (Eastman) is a global chemical company, which manufactures and sells a portfolio of chemicals, plastics, and...