Position: Market Merchandiser
Reports To: Market Merchandising Team Leader
Payroll Status : Nonexempt
This position will support Ace Mart stores within a geographic market area in the merchandising of products and inventory related projects. This position requires the associate to work in all stores within a market on a rotating basis. This position requires a strong ability to both organize and complete assigned tasks in a timely basis, excellent communication skills, and the ability to be creative and resourceful. All employees are expected to adhere to Ace Mart business philosophy, guidelines and policies as laid out in the ACE MART MISSION STATEMENT, Employee Handbook, Standard Operating Procedures Manual and Safety Program.
- Receive stock transfers
- Sort and move merchandise to appropriate aisles/areas
- Stock shelves with merchandise received
- Maintain current shelf tags & labels in each location
- Clean, dust, front & block, and re-arrange all merchandise to a “grand-opening” level
- Perform inventory counts with Pocket PCs
- Create displays for new, promotional, seasonal, or stock merchandise
- Various other tasks as directed by the Merchandising Coordinator
Math topics: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole/fractional numbers.
Knowledge of restaurant supplies and Ace Mart polices/procedures is extremely beneficial
EAGLE computer system and the Pocket PCs
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
At least two years of experience merchandising and stocking
Stand/walk up to eight hours a day
Work in temperatures ranging from 45 ° to 95 ° F
Lift 26-50 pounds boxes 5 times a day
Lift 16-25 pounds boxes 10 times a day
Lift 11-15 pounds boxes 30 times a day
Lift 1-10 pound boxes 100 times a day
Bend & stoop two hundred times a day
Use Pocket PC up to four hours daily 80% of the days and up to eight hours the remaining days.
Ability to commute and work in multiple locations every week
Participate in store remodels and setups where conditions are noisy, dusty, & dirty.
- Scheduled 5:30 am to 4:30 pm shift, Tuesday through Friday. One-hour lunch.
Ace Mart Restaurant Supply - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard