Management of all aspects of construction and modifications to the network in an assigned market.
- New Builds - tracking of the following items:
- RF’s search ring through candidates and real estate completion
- Regulatory submittals and filing
- Transport’s orders, FOC’s, testing and acceptance
- System Performance turn-up dates
- Construction activity milestones
- Ensuring that construction engineers have all related documents needed to build and award projects
- Scheduling Operations to complete sites
- Equipment ordering and delivery to sites
- Site Modifications (including PCS adds, LTE adds, emergency antenna replacements, power modifications, shelter upgrades/replacements, general site repair)
- Tracking of all modifications through Real Estate if required
- Material ordering and shipment to sites
- Tracking of Construction and Operations activities
- Reporting the status of all projects in process with assigned markets to upper management.
- Planning of major upcoming projects to align with goals
- Maintaining accurate project lists and trackers. This includes maintaining accurate project lists and trackers and staying in sync with cell site build and modification priorities. Provide weekly reporting on all project status.
- Responsible for managing the SMR (Site Modification Request) process including RF, Real Estate, Construction, Fixed Network Engineering, Transport Engineering and Operations.
- Getting updates from equipment engineering on delivery expectations.
- Working understanding of microwave backhaul projects and the ability to track and manage deliverables.
- Working with Transport Engineering on span orders and FOC dates.
- Project management of E911 process.
- Working knowledge of In-Building DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) and BDA (Bi-Directional Amplifiers) projects.
- Prioritizing database work with Switch Operations.
- Driving field resources to test spans.
- Coordinating install schedules with Motorola/ ALU based on site readiness.
- Technical understanding of interconnect requirements from the BTS to the switch and RF Equipment is desired (T1, Ethernet Backhaul (EBH), copper, fiber, microwave)
- Needs to have the ability to be efficient, assertive, and strong follow up skills.
- Five years or more of wireless project management experience.
- Knowledge of Siterra or Network Flow.
- Experience working with Intrado and TCS
- Experience managing remote teams from a central location.
- Relevant experience managing large volume projects with successful results.
- Working with and managing of vendors.
- Experience with cell site:
- Transport facilities ordering and scheduling
- Re-home planning
- Carrier Adds
- Site Modifications (power, telco, cell site structural, shelters, etc)
- Working knowledge of equipment installations, removals and turn-ups for following manufacturers:
- Nortel / Ericsson
- Motorola / Nokia Siemens Networks
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Knowledge of EVDO, LTE and EBH technologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for contractor and client management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Vertex Innovations - 17 months ago