IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. seeks a Compliance professional to join the Market Regulation team who will be responsible for investigating trading activity in derivatives and over-the-counter markets to detect potential violations of Exchange rules and Federal Regulations. This role will involve a diverse range of responsibilities aimed at defining and improving the Regulatory oversight of the energy futures and OTC markets within the dynamic environment of Financial Reform. In order to succeed in this role the candidate will need to utilize a broad range of skills including innovative problem solving, creative thinking, concise and descriptive writing, detailed data analysis, etc.
- Monitor the activity of large market participants and analyze their physical energy commodity holdings and derivative positions to determine potential market impact.
- Monitor market participation, news and fundamental factors that influence market prices.
- Perform detailed analysis of trade data in order to isolate areas of regulatory concern.
- Develop detailed investigative reports and make recommendations in closing cases.
- Conduct investigative interviews of subjects and witnesses related to open investigations.
- Communicate regularly with market participants, clearing firm personnel, and other departments within the Exchange.
- Handle inquiries and correspondence from Exchange members, the CFTC and the public pertaining to Exchange Rules.
- Assist with the development of software and reports to help identify potential rule violations or suspicious trading activity.
- Bachelor's degree or Juris Doctor in related field of study
- Knowledge of trading operations, trade practices, and/or rules and regulations related to electronic trading is preferred
- An understanding of derivatives regulation, over the counter swaps market or energy industry experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Writing sample will be required
IntercontinentalExchange - 13 months ago