Account Manager-Automotive Aftermarket
The Account Manager manages NPD's relationships with our Automotive Aftermarket clients including in-depth analysis, presentations to senior management, and contract renewal negotiations. The Account Manager also understands the big picture in clients' businesses, and proactively identifies opportunities to apply NPD research to key issues.
• Managing NPD’s relationship with manufacturers, retailers and financial clients through client relationship building and day-to-day servicing.
• Responding to client requests, utilizing existing databases, new analyses, new services, and industry knowledge.
• Proactively providing clients with recommendations and analysis regarding their business
• Independently seeking out resources to help resolve client issues with an eye for identifying additional revenue opportunities within current accounts.
• Addressing and troubleshooting data quality issues.
• Planning and conducting cross-functional business reviews and information sessions that ties into the client’s key initiatives.
• Fulfilling internal financial and administrative requirements pertaining to budgets and forecasts.
• Incorporating industry and client knowledge into the internal and external planning process.
• Building strong, ongoing relationships with all levels of management at accounts.
• Growing revenue of the accounts as well as identifying new business opportunities within the given budget structure.
• 5-8+ years experience in account management or client service research or equivalent.
• Automotive category managment experience, highly desirable.
• Solid industry and client knowledge
• Ability to balance staff to deal with disappoints and difficult internal and external issues
• Solid presentation skills to large groups.
• Communicates effectively with all levels.
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Competent in entire selling process
• Working knowledge of NPD methodologies and complementary services.
• Demonstrated success in contract negotiations and Account planning experience.
• Competent analysis and writing ability - digests diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories both in presentations and word documents.
• Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Travel (typically 25 - 30%)
• BA/BS or equivalent
The NPD Group is Equal Opportunity Employer.
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...