Do you want to spend your workdays thinking about and making a difference in the fields that really interest you? If so, join The NPD Group. With offices across the globe, your new job could be waiting for you in the exciting city of your choice!
We have been in business since 1966 and provide market information and advisory services to help companies make better business decisions. We help our clients develop the right products and get them in the right places at the right prices for the right people in order grow their businesses. We have over 2,000 clients worldwide and are known for our expertise in industries including food, fashion, toys, technology...and more.
The Toys business at NPD works with some of the most well-known and exciting companies in the world. Are you passionate about Toys such games, puzzels, action figures, and dolls? Do you have an opinion on which companies are doing things right and which companies should be doing things better? Our Toys team is seeking an Account Manager, Client Development who is responsible for building relationships with our clients, providing them with value-added insights and driving revenue within our accounts.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
• Develop and maintain deep relationships with multiple clients within the Toy industry.
• Grow revenue within assigned accounts and identify new business opportunities.
• Expand the client base to include a broader mix of end users at accounts.
• Provide insights/recommendations to clients on matters such as promotional success, strategic brand management, and merchandising/plan-o-gramming, based on market research analysis.
• Develop and execute comprehnsive client account plans; understand the client's organization; understand their internal objectives and business issues; develop knowledge of the industry they compete in, and provide day-to-day tactical support.
• Enhance manufacturer and retailer collaboration through the use of NPD Account Level Reports (ALRs) in line reviews and joint business planning.
• Ensure overall client satisfaction with service, data application and deliverables.
• 5-8+ years experience in a client servicings/sales capacity with a market research firm, or Category Management/Consumer Insights capacity with a manufacturer preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work with POS/consumer panel data to generate analyses.
• Related Toy and/or licensing industry experience a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and writing ability – able to distill diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories both in presentations and word documents.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging and impactful presentations.
• Experienced in consultative selling, including contract negotiations.
• Strong organizational, project management skills and attention to detail.
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
• Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Travel (typically 15% - 20%).
The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NPD Group - 23 months ago
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...