Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
This position will be responsible to provide analytical support (category/account reviews, trend research, new item analyses, consumer insights, etc.) for a single Supplier. The role will work collaboratively with Supplier key contact to prioritize projects.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
· Provide category analyses and advanced consumer insights using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources, for example: Nielsen Nitro, Homescan, Spectra, MRI, Euromonitor, Planet Retail, Netbase and Mintel GNPD
· Prepare category reviews to include industry and trend analyses
· Be a recognized leader in the knowledge of research tools
· Access relevant information, interpret results and draw conclusions to support the business case for each project
· Collect and organize disparate pieces of information into a clear and concise business case; present internally and to customers
· Develop templates and standardized processes that support the team
· Track performance of marketing programs, new item introductions, new packaging, reformulations, plan-o-gram revisions, advertisements, etc.
· Facilitate knowledge sharing through training, mentoring
· Provide functional direction to junior associates to accomplish team objectives
• 2-5 yrs experience in analytics, category management, planning and/or consulting with top-tier CPG, syndicated data partner or retailer
• Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
• Proven, in-depth understanding of category management methods, fact-based selling, marketing and planning
• Hands-on experience with syndicated tools & resources such as Nielsen, IRI, Spectra, MRI, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver insights from data
• Advanced PC skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
• Success working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written plus strong presentation skills
• Self-starter; ability to independently set priorities and multi-task