Research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. Develop information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution. Utilize survey results and marketing data to create a marketing strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
• Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
• Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
• Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
• Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
• Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
• Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
• Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
• Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data (such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires), or arrange to obtain existing data.
• Direct and/or conduct survey interviews.
• Support the development of new product launch marketing plans.
• Bachelor Degree in Marketing or the equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Strong understanding of mathematics and statistics.
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Suite. JDEdwards Enterprise One experience a plus.
Chart Industries - 17 months ago