To conduct quantitative and qualitative market research initiatives in collaboration with SHRM staff on member satisfaction, member needs, brand, product/concept testing, pricing research, and/or other market research projects in support of SHRM initiatives and to do so under the direction of the Director, Market Research
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve in cross functional SHRM strategic teams and work groups, as needed.
Develop research briefs, questionnaires, field, analyze, synthesize research data, and produce and present PowerPoint reports toprovide actionable recommendations for internal clients.
Conduct focus groups and in-depth interviews, for both in-person and online modes.
Analyze and synthesize global market and competitive intelligence information for internal dissemination.
Manage and work collaboratively with research vendors, as needed.
Compose and present findings of market research to Executive Team, Senior Management Team, Managers Forum, and SHRM staff.
Generate and test predictive models that will influence market testing activities (copy testing, package testing, message testing) in support of Marketing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Excellent Decision making skills
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Excellent Project management skills
- Ability to Understand verbal/written instructions
- Complete tasks within critical deadlines
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Knowledge/ability to use various software programs (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, e-mail, etc.)
- Proficient with SPSS and / or SAS required and familiar with Sawtooth and/or Perseus/Websurveyer desirable
- Excellent business intelligence skills
- Familiarity with database management/analysis and related schema and querie languages, (i.e., star schema, sql, etc.)
- Large scale data mining and modeling experience using (SPSS Clementine - now SPSS Modeler, SAS Enterprise Modeler, etc.)
- Statistical segmentation skills
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Statistics, Math or related field with at least 3 to 5 years of experience conducting detailed customer or member research, including multivariate and univariate approaches to segmentation, key driver analysis, and market basket analysis.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent research project management skills required.
- Must be able to distill large amounts of statistical and quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate same to executive and senior management.
- Strong writtenand oral communications skills required, including excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels of staff, especially senior management.
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
washingtonpost.com - 2 years ago