Market Research Analyst
The Market Research Analyst helps to gather and analyze market, customer and competitive insights through primary research to help the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) develop strategic, product and annual commercial plans. The Market Research Analyst works collaboratively with each of the Business Units, as well as functional and commercial leaders, and provides expertise regarding Voice of the Customer (VOC) strategy, methodologies and execution. The role will help define the business problem or opportunity to be addressed, execute surveys and interviews, guide the business units on best practices, interpret the results and provide recommendations. Additionally, the analyst will assist in review and analysis of secondary research and special projects as they arise.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Guide and execute primary research, including web surveys and face-to-face interviews, throughout the Division by defining VOC goals, business problems/opportunities to be addressed, crafting screening guides and survey questions, and executing VOC surveys.
- Analyze and interpret results from VOC and ensure they are communicated broadly throughout the Division. Provide recommendations based on the data-driven findings.
- Help to develop a structure to regularly and accurately collect information from the customer regarding our products, markets, competition, and the customer themselves.
- Act as consultant/project manager for larger VOC endeavors to include contracting and interfacing with external consultants.
- Nurture strategic relationships with key research firms that can support both qualitative and quantitative market research locally and globally.
- Conduct internal surveys and interviews with stakeholders and sales leaders to identify or validate product or market requirements or initiatives.
- Assist in regular market intelligence projects (includes market sizing, share gain analysis, competitive intelligence, market validation and key metrics)
- Work on special projects as assigned in connection with the CMD goals and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, life sciences, economics or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 7 years of relevant professional experience with significant experience in the field of market research.
- Knowledge of market sizing, data analytics tools, market research methodologies and new technologies and tools to aid in market insight analysis.
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to build professional and personal relationships with key business partners.
- Excellent communication, team-building, and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a global, matrix-environment and influence without direct authority.
- Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 9 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...