Be a part of an exciting organization that is leading the way in analyzing technology trends and best practices in the exploding Machine to Machine and Internet of Things marketplace. VDC Research Group, Inc. is looking for Market Research Analysts and Consultants to help advise leading global corporations. We currently have open positions in our M2M & Embedded Technology practices at our Natick, Massachusetts location.
The responsibilities and key tasks associated with this position include:
- Support the creation and execution of syndicated and custom market research reports.
Specific functions include:
oDevelopment of project infrastructure such as contact lists, survey instruments, data collection mechanisms, databases, market segmentation, value chains, etc.
o Conducting telephone and online surveys targeting relevant technology suppliers, users and distribution channels
o Creating market models, estimates, forecasts, supplier shares and vendor profiles for the target industry
- Manage and support related custom research projects
- Communicate and present VDC’s positions at industry events, corporate meetings, and other public forums through a number of traditional and new media channels managed by VDC and its partners
- Develop and maintain your brand and the brands of VDC and your practice through consistent high-value added contribution in public channels and under contract with clients
- Provide support for related marketing, business development and sales activities
Ideal candidates will have:
- BA/BS degree required; MA or MBA preferred
- Working knowledge of specific technologies and/or markets listed above
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills and experience
- Ability to assimilate complex data sets, identify critical theme and implications, define creative strategy alternatives and actionable recommendations
- Concise, polished written and oral business communication skills
- Strong MS Office suite skills --- Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis methods and tools
- Experience in project, program and/or product management in a tech supplier or manufacturing organization
- Ability and willingness to travel to attend industry events and support client engagements
If this describes you, then VDC Research may have an opportunity for you to reach your intellectual, professional and financial goals as an Analyst or Consultant.
VDC Research is a leading technology market research and strategy consulting firm that provides technology companies worldwide with critical market intelligence and strategy development support services. Founded in 1971 and based in Natick, MA, our Analysts cover a wide range of technologies and deliver our insights to our clients through syndicated and proprietary reports, consulting engagements, white papers and more.
VDC Research is a growing firm with a reputation for producing great work for our clients while maintaining an outstanding work/life balance for every member of our team. We offer an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Life, PTO, 401k, Disability and Flexible Spending Accounts.
To learn more about VDC and its products and services, visit our website at: www.vdcresearch.com
VDC Research is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace