Support multiple Business Development Officers (BDOs) in their efforts to sustain and generate new business in their respective geographic markets. Due to the Business Development Officers' extensive travel schedules, the ideal candidate will excel in an environment where they must work independently. This position does not require sales or travel.
This is a support function and not a marketing position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist BDOs with constant refinement of “prime” targets, by territory and sector.
- Conduct background research on targets (management and Board members, parent/inter-company relationships, past underwriters, etc.).
- Research new sectors and assist with identifying business development targets.
- Assist BDOs with management of relationships with state associations and marketing partners.
- Assist BDOs with state association activities, including conferences, exhibiting, pre/post-show letters.
- Assist BDOs in identifying and implementing new speaking or marketing opportunities with state associations.
- Maintain updates on marketing partners’ activities.
- Assist BDOs with background research on new potential marketing partners.
- Implement marketing initiatives as defined by each BDOs within specific territories. Coordinate implementation of specific marketing initiatives with marketing department to develop synergy with national marketing campaigns.
- Assist BDOs in CRM updates and management.
- Assist with mailings to suspects, prospects, and clients.
- Assist with other organizational or national projects designed to enhance business development efforts.
Required Knowledge & Skills :
- Education – Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field.
- Experience – prior work experience in client-focused (preferably financial) services firm
- Strong prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to complete projects efficiently and in timely manner.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, & Outlook), particularly adept at working with data in MS Excel
Employee Classification: Full-time
- Professional appearance and manner
- Willing to learn and perform any/all duties
- Strives for accuracy and precision
- Ability to work independently
- Displays initiative
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We are a nonsmoking company and an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements.
Lancaster Pollard’s recognitions for growth, strategic direction and ethics include the “Inc. 5,000” list of the fastest-growing private firms in the nation, Columbus Business First’s “Fast 50”, Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for marketplace ethics.
Visit our website at www.lancasterpollard.com