The Market Research Associate supports the marketing teams by proactively working on a variety of market research initiatives. Largely an administrative and tactical role, the Associate discovers and evaluates competitive business intelligence information and strategies on product offerings, pricing patterns and development plans. They organize and maintain key data and information in a digital research database, and act as a liaison for the department in the market research arena.
The Associate’s findings are used to allow the management team to make critical decisions in regards to market share, product offerings and awareness, and financial goals. Each has significant direct and indirect consequences to the budget, relationships with Kemin’s customers, and financial viability in the marketplace.
- Proactively conduct extensive competitive research such as technical literature searches, product comparisons, industry analysis, compile valuable quantitative and qualitative competitive data on current or new products in the marketplace, market potential, trends, and costs.
- Perform extensive data analysis, on product offerings, pricing patterns and development plans.
- Accurately present findings in an appropriate and timely manner to allow the management team to make critical decisions based on key research data.
- Organize and maintain key information in a research database.
- Effectively manage timelines and workload.
- Make internal and external presentations on their findings
- Act as a liaison for the department, tracking and shepherding projects from beginning to conclusion, and work collaboratively with a diverse staff/team on cross-organizational and departmental (such as I.T., Marketing, Sales, Finance) tactics to support business efforts.
- Provide on-going knowledge to company in the area of competitive market research and provides support for efforts to help Kemin expand its commercial sales efforts.
- Conduct basic market research to determine market share and other relevant business environment indicators, monitor competitive environment including competitor products and product reviews
- Monitor competitive products and market share, sales and marketing activities, and develop category knowledge and understanding.
- Work with appropriate vendor and outsourced agencies.
- Submit activity reports.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations, with up to 3 years of Market Research and/or decision science experience, with specific experience researching business intelligence data (such as corporate market research, new product research, and reporting of qualitative and quantitative research) is highly desired.
- Additional related experience may substitute.
- Basic computer proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint). Other software may be required.
- Ability to present complex information internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently.
- Basic Project Management skills.
- Customer-service oriented with solid interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and critical-thinking skills. Bilingual skills highly desired.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain professional demeanor while working under pressure.
- Must be a reliable, flexible, and well-organized self-starter.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment or independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect intellectual property.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- The ability to present and communicate ideas and findings effectively to customers, vendors, peers and all levels of management.
- Good keyboarding/entry proficiency.
- International market experience is highly desired.
- Basic familiarity with Internet research and with information security.
- PHYSICAL EFFORT NEEDED: This position does not require a significant physical exertion. The Associate must be computer proficient and at times will be required to work long hours at the computer terminal, along with daily use of telephone. Standing, walking, sitting/typing and concentrating for long periods of time, and lifting (generally up to 50 lbs) are required in this job. Some twisting and climbing of stairs, and bending and crawling on hands and knees is needed.
Kemin Industries, Inc. - 23 months ago