Published Job Title: Market Research Associate
Published Division/Department: Marketing Shared Services
Requisition #: 5886
Country: United States
Percentage of Travel: 0 - 10%
Position Type: 1099 Contractor
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Marketing
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) is seeking a Market Research Associate to join the Market Intelligence Team.
The Market Research Associate supports the Market Research Manager and Analysts team with project support tasks, including: survey programming & QA, incentive fulfillment, online community member management, recruitment, and other project executional logistics. The MR Associate will also participate in ongoing tasks and occasional process improvement projects to support and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Responsibilies & Tasks
o Recruitment support (screening calls, interview scheduling, email confirmations)
- Research Project Support: Support Market Research Analysts & Managers with execution of primary market research projects. Example tasks may include:
o Proofing, Programming, and Testing online surveys
o Respondent incentive administration
o Assisting w/research project respondent recruitment
o Pulling data from completed surveys for Analysts
o Coding open ended responses
o Managing member questions/issues for online teacher research panel
- General Departmental Support: Participates in various ongoing tasks and occasional “side” projects to support and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness. Example tasks may include:
o Maintaining departmental internal websites – MI Central (stakeholder-facing) and Sharepoint (internal use) – uploading files, updating content, reorganizing, etc.
Skills & Experience Requirements
NOTE: This is a full time - temporary opportunity, billed through a third party. The selected candidate will be employed by Zero Chaos, not HMH, but the individual will work on-site at HMH. The initial term is for six months.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 0-2 years professional experience in a corporate setting; project management experience desired; market research experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Fluency w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Experience designing, programming, analyzing primary market research instruments a plus (e.g. surveys, discussion guides, interview questionnaires, etc.) (either professional or academic experience)
- Experience w/market research software (survey management, statistical analysis) a plus (e.g. Qualtrics, Perseus, SurveyMonkey, CheckBox, ConfirmIt, Vovici, SPSS) (either professional or academic experience)
- NOTE: For latter two “plus” requirements – experience is not an absolute prerequisite, but willingness and ability to learn quickly are a must
Boston-based Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company is a global education company with approximately $2.5 billion in combined revenue. The Company publishes a comprehensive set of best-in-class pre-K–12 educational solutions, ranging from research-based textbook programs to instructional technology to standards-based assessments for students and educators. The Company also publishes an extensive line of reference works and award-winning literature for adults and young readers. With origins dating back to 1832, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt combines its tradition of excellence with a commitment to innovation. To learn more about Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, visitwww.hmhco.com.
J2W: CB Exp. 06/02/13
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - 22 months ago
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a global learning company with the mission of changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious...