Global Travel & Middle East (GTME) is a substantial and growing business for Diageo. The business is operated through 4 regions - Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East/North Africa (MENA). Our vision is to be the undisputed leader in Travel Retail and the Middle East and to achieve double digit growth each year.
The Consumer Planning team has a critical role to play in the future performance story of GTME and delivery of our F17 strategy. We are business leaders first and functional experts second. We feel as responsible for GTME’s outcomes as anyone else in the business.
The shopper and consumer target in GTME is extraordinarily diverse – demographically, geographically and psycho graphically and as result, the Planning team are continually looking for new, better and more cost-effective ways of understanding our consumers/shoppers. GTME has developed models of shopping behaviour and has an industry- leading bank of shopper data across the top 100 airports of the world.
This is a unique role that comprises consumer planning, shopper planning, innovation planning and market planning. It reports in to the Head of Consumer and Shopper Planning for GTME and has responsibility for a number of projects across the 4 disciplines. The role is based in Miami.
The role will manage a significant proportion of the Consumer/Shopper Planning research budget.
Full responsibility for leading consumer & shopper understanding and thinking throughout the total organization
Purpose of Role:
• To provide thought leadership for the GTME team, identifying key opportunities to grow the Diageo brand.
• To deepen our knowledge of brands and category performance in GTME’s key channels, through consumer insight and understanding.
• To support the innovation agenda to grow the GTME business.
• To add value to GTME Diageo relationships with key Customers through engaging customers through category & shopper insights.
Top 3 – 5 Accountabilities:
1. Work with key regional Marketing, Innovation & Sales managers, through a consultative approach, to identify key trends and opportunities for growth, ensuring insights that drive enduring competitive advantage are at the heart of our Customer and Diageo activities
2. Support pan regional brand managers to develop competition beating GAME plans through superior consumer, shopper & category understanding and insights.
3. Working with the teams to ensure all activities have robust M&E plans built into them that will forge continual learning and improvement of our activities
4. Working in partnership with the Innovation team on a variety of projects from concept to evaluation
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Has experienced level of category and shopper insight research preferably gained in a top quality retailer or a leading FMCG organisation with a proven track record of leveraging category and shopper insights.
• Ideally has some experience of classic category management, store redesign or brand planning expertise.
• Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business.
• Experience of working with retailers and can bring an understanding of the realities of retailing to Diageo.
• Able to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
• Able to move from research to retail implications and present credibly to a retail customer.
Diageo's company parties must be the talk of the town. It is the leading premium spirits business in the world by volume, net sales,...