The Market Risk Technology Team is looking to bring on board a developer to work as part of the main Market Risk development team primarily focused on Descartes. The person will be working closely with the methodology team within Market Risk to enhance the existing Market Risk systems here in North America. In addition to working with the US Market Risk team, the role will involve working with teams outside of Market Risk in delivering to global requirements where required.
The candidate will need to be extremely talented in developing for Excel in C# and VBA. Strong SQL knowledge is crucial. The candidate also needs to be familiar with either Perl or Python. The candidate needs to be a good clear proactive communicator as they will be dealing directly with business users as well as operating within a global team. A good understanding of risk would be an advantageous, gained from experience in technology in any of Market Risk, Credit Risk or Front Office.
Due to the nature of the business, the main challenges will be dealing with very large data sets whilst ensuring compliance with existing SLAs and ensuring acceptable performance for the new solution.
As the project will involve working across most of the Market Risk applications, the candidate will need to be a good team player and willing to work in a team of developers based in both London and Delhi.
• SQL (TransactSQL)
• Perl or Python
• Tibco Spotfire
• Oracle Coherence
• Iterative approach to development, a strong focus on testing, and a willingness to work within existing practises
• Practice good code discipline, flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Past experience in Risk whether Credit Risk, Market Risk or Front Office
• An analytical background
• Experience working in a global team
• Self-starter/Highly motivated
• The candidate should be pro-active and analytical in performing its responsibilities.
• Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust, confidence, and concern for the business needs
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities
"It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.”
RBS - 7 months ago