Responsible for the development and implementation of programs and strategies that will maximize the Suddenlink Communications market share and subsequent telecommunications product/service penetration through the acquisition of new business in a particular industry segment including, but not limited to, new-build and existing, multi-family and single-family residential project business.
• Analyze, develop, and execute on community and public relations activities, media relations, product launches, and related functions.
• Analyzes market conditions and participates in the negotiation of competitive telecommunications agreements based on strategic, financial, legal and operational criteria.
• Develop and implement a request tracking process to ensure the visibility and proper disposition of requests through industry specialist channels.
• Maintain and develop relationships with existing and prospective customers.
• Assist in the development of marketing, advertising, and promotional materials and strategies utilized in retaining and acquiring business within the industry segment.
• Oversee promotional and incentive programs.
• Responsibility for revenue growth and budgeting.
• Bachelor's degree in area of expertise or closely related area required; minimum of 2 years experience in a telecommunications, marketing or related field; and/or combination of education and experience in industry segment. Related business experience will be taken into consideration.
• Requires a self-starting attitude with a strong work ethic.
• Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to analyze a problem and logically determine a plan to solve the problem.
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize goals, and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
• Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report work activities.
• Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with users and others.
Essential Job Function:
• Work split between office and field, ability to travel from 25% to 50% is required.
• Must be able to lift up 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work on a PC or computer terminal up to a full work shift/day.
• Must be able to speak fluently to communicate sales proposals and other company information to employees, customers, and prospects.
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Must be able to use all extremities. Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time; must be able to bend, stoop, walk, and sit.
• Direct Sales
o Coordination, oversight, etc…
• Events / Sponsorships / PR
o Coordination and Leadership
o Materials and Promotional Items
o Work with agency – value radio/remotes
o Offer strategies
o Programmer Coop / Campaigns / Promotions
o Media Relations
o System Communication
o Campaign Rollout
o Champion a sales culture
o Incentive Rollout
o Promotional Campiagn Rollout
o General Marketing Information
o System Visits
o Motivator (cheerleader)
• Office & Front Counter Presentation
o Appearance of front counter
o Collateral Materials – up to date / in stock
o Retail setup
o Front Counter initiatives, incentives, etc…
• Field Staff
o Training (sales culture)
o Field initiatives, incentives, offers, etc…
o Assist new uniforms and truck appearance
• Yellow Pages
o Assist with updates
o Local one-offs
o Edit/approval over regional campaigns
o Mass market
• 3rd Party Retail
o Visits, relationships, training
o Acquisition of new retailers
o Maintain relationships
• Campaign management
o What’s working locally? / what’s not?
• Competitive Intelligence
o Constant eye on local competition
o Developing offers, initiatives, incentives
• Cross Channel
• Existing Local Connections (benefit)
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...