The Market Vice President (MVP) leads the execution of the business strategy in his/her market to maximize market return and meet customer expectations. The MVP works with a team of general and sales managers in his/her market to achieve revenue and market share targets. The MVP is also responsible for ensuring operating locations in his/her market comply with established company standards and policies. Measures of success for this position include market revenue, IBD, margin, customer satisfaction measures, market share, growth in sales transactions, etc.
- Partner with Sales in developing local market strategy and drive market share growth through targeted sales efforts.
- Maximize market return, setting and achieving revenue, growth, and profitability targets.
- Identify trends and potential operational issues that may hinder the ability to perform as planned; immediately initiate corrective actions to resolve gaps and rectify potential market problems.
- Set and manage pricing strategy for the market within the National List Price framework.
- Evaluate overall market capacity utilization and customer mix.
- Prepare, implement and monitor annual budget to determine effectiveness of budget plan; review all financials to determine that budget is within guidelines. Monitor profits and efficiency through cash flow performance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers by focusing on customer needs, whether inside or outside of the market.
- Use analytical tools and market data to evaluate options and execute decisions based upon a clear understanding of market dynamics, market/customer segmentation and customer activity, behavior and needs.
- Drive operational excellence by ensuring operating locations consistently meet or exceed Manheim standards as they relate to customer satisfaction.
- Provide matrix (dotted-line) leadership of all non-conquest, in-market sales activities, specifically including customer growth of wallet and sales conversion rates.
- Provide matrix (dotted-line) leadership for market support functions, including National Commercial Account Management, Finance, HR, and Marketing.
- Provide overall management of General Managers within assigned market. Foster open communication with management, and clearly communicate importance of team’s vision, objectives and priorities.
- Establish performance metrics/expectations for General Managers and hold them accountable for results.
- Support and champion efforts around employee and customer engagement, identifying and developing talent, culture of performance management, and selection of right people while maintaining a focus on Manheim/Cox Values, Business ethics and Diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics, or equivalent preferred.
- 5-8 years managerial experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
- Experience in the automotive or Auction industry preferred.
- Effective and competent management, leadership and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of sales building initiatives, P&L and the ability to act decisively based on sound judgment.
- Ability to achieve business results through influence, executive presence, strategic thinking, and effective problem solving skills.
Provide marked contribution on the establishment and implementation of functional strategies and/or short to mid-term operational plans (1-3 years) that support the overall corporate strategy.
Frequently requires the ability to negotiate with internal parties where there may be conflicting objectives and the need for compromise to reach agreement. Typically involves navigating differing points of view and engaging in debate where there is a "win loss" scenario between the two parties.
Directly responsible for making enhancements or adding value to existing processes, systems or products as part of day-to-day activities. Job requires the ability to analyze and resolve issues that require consideration for at least two dimensions (operational, financial and/or human).
Requires broad management experience across several functional areas or businesses, or concentrated knowledge of a particular discipline.
Management responsibility for multiple teams including the responsibility for the management of his/her direct reports (hiring/ firing decisions, performance reviews, etc.) as well as oversight for team structures and accountabilities.
Responsible for domestic operations (i.e., within a single country).
Please send resumes to LESLIE.HANSEN@MANHEIM.COM
About Manheim ( www.manheim.com )
Manheim is the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Through its 106 worldwide wholesale operating locations and digital services, Manheim influences every stage of a used vehicle's life cycle, helping commercial sellers and automobile dealers maximize the full value of their vehicles. Drawing from its auction transaction volume, Manheim consulting publishes the annual Used Car Market Report, the definitive source of data for the used car industry. Manheim Consulting offers a wide range of services including custom analytics, business optimization and macro economic analysis.
Manheim is the online vehicle remarketing leader, connecting buyers and sellers to the world's largest, most comprehensive wholesale marketplace through its extensive in-lane and digital offerings. Manheim.com receives nearly 900,000 visits each week.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Manheim is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, a leading communications, media and automotive services company.
Manheim, INC. - 12 months ago
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...