The marketing and business development assistant will support the NY marketing team with their day-to-day needs, enabling the advisors and managers to focus on more advisory aspects of their role.
The standard working hours for this role will be 09:30 – 5:30 NY time Monday to Friday with the understanding that at times it may be necessary to work late on a specific project or event.
This role involves providing support on:
- Researching and preparing client meeting briefing materials
- Assisting with client targeting and analysis activities
- Liaising directly with partners and associates as needed or when a marketing advisor is unavailable
- Compiling reports and uploading information into and from firm databases, including the firm’s CRM system (InterAction)
- Maintaining content for the NY pages of the website and intranet, including attorney CVs
- Maintaining log of events, PR activity, sponsorships, seminars etc.
- Coordinating internal meetings and presentations, including preparing presentation materials
- Producing and distributing daily, weekly and monthly updates (i.e. Press in the US, Client Connections)
- Formatting and distributing client alerts and updates
- Assisting in the development of pitches, RFPs and other client facing materials
- Supporting the submission process for legal directories, awards and other research reports
- Executing the logistics of client events, seminars, mailings, and other client-facing activities
- Supporting day-of-event activities
- Maintaining, auditing, and ordering marketing materials for the New York office
- Special and one-off projects with the marketing team as needed
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well in team, including the flexibility to take on tasks outside immediate remit when necessary
- Proactive in searching for data and recommending improvements to processes and projects
- Eager to learn and receptive to constructive feedback
- Previous experience of working in a delivery environment under time pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages especially MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in data administration and in using databases
- Undergraduate BA or BS degree
- General business awareness, especially in legal sector
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, global law firm Linklaters LLP is a member of the 'Magic Circle' of leading UK law firms....