Assists in directing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communication programs for a college or division. Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans.
Job Specific Duties:
Design and execute a comprehensive marketing campaign for UH Arts, integrating the performing, visual, literary and design arts. Materials generated may include print, electronic and social media, and advertising for public and academic programs.
Manages comprehensive marketing and communication programs, including research strategy and execution, designed to support the college or division.
Develop a brand identity for UH Arts.
Develop collaborative membership and ticketing programs for UH Arts patrons.
Organize and execute a public relations campaign for UH Arts, working closely with University of Houston communications officers and staff within arts programs and departments.
Maintain and update UH Arts website on an ongoing basis.
Provide focused marketing support to arts departments that lack dedicated marketing officers, including the School of Art, College of Architecture, and Creative Writing Program.
Plan and coordinate a range of multi-disciplinary programming opportunities that showcase UH Arts including the UH Arts annual Open House, on-campus program and lecture series, and off-site collaborations with partner institutions.
Train and supervise work study students and/or interns.
Performs other job-related duties as required.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information
The University of Houston seeks a UH Arts Marketing and Program Manager to develop and implement a range of collaborative arts programs and materials on behalf of this exciting university-wide initiative. This position will work closely with the deans, chairs and directors of university’s arts-based colleges, departments and programs. Responsibilities include strategic marketing, development of UH Arts collateral materials, public relations on behalf of UH Arts, interdepartmental arts programming such as the UH Arts Open House, and corresponding with external community partners.
The ideal Marketing and Program Manager will possess the following characteristics:
- A knowledge of and interest in the arts
- Ability to interact professionally with a range of individuals from different fields
- An independent decision-maker who can set and meet goals and objectives while working in a small, collaborative team environment housed within a large and complex institution
- Extremely organized and able to develop detailed systems, policies and procedures
- Ability to build consensus among multiple parties
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with web code, sales, customer service, and ticketing systems is a plus.
Security Sensitive Position
Job Open Date
Minimum Posting Date
Expected Closing Date On or Before
Open Until Filled
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston, TX, the...