Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you are continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it is all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Marketing & Communication Manager position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Communications Manager will be responsible for increasing the University’s visibility through local, regional and national media; enhancing and improving the University publications, and external and internal communications; maintaining a favorable image of the University in the surrounding community; managing and coordinating community services activities, relationships, and events; assist in the development of marketing opportunities to support the admissions team ,managing public relations, advertising, branding, community relations and charitable giving budgets. This position will support the Colorado Springs campus, Denver Instructional Site and the online modality.
Essential Job Duties:
• Promote the University of the Rockies, its programs and mission.
• Develop and manage the University’s campus marketing plan and budget.
• Represent the University during high profile community projects and at public, social, and business gatherings.
• Coordinate community relations and charitable giving plans, programs and budgets.
• Share responsibility for developing and managing the “community sponsorships” budget with the Campus Enrollment Services Managers and Vice President.
• Enhance the University "brand," help develop marketing materials, and serve on the campus marketing committee.
• Increase the University’s visibility through local and regional media.
• Write news releases; distribute them to local media and work with Bridgepoint counterparts to post to the UoR website (online media room) and social media outlets, as appropriate.
• Photograph campus events and activities; maintain archives of photos.
• Oversee the planning, writing, editing, photography, design, production, and distribution of various College publications (print and online) including review and approval of content, copy, and art.
• Prepare content for local advertising; make advertising arrangements with newspapers, radio, television, billboard and other companies in both Colorado Springs and Denver.
• Liaison between campus departments and the Bridgepoint Creative team for printing, promotional and advertising materials.
• Work with the Website Content team to keep the UoR Website current, useful, and easy to navigate.
• Contribute to the IMAGINE section of the Quad. In partnership with the Bridgepoint PR team; maintain the campus “Events” page on the UoR Website and Facebook pages.
• Serve on emergency response and crisis communications teams.
• Serve on the graduation committee.
• Participate in weekly University of the Rockies PR-related discussions (teleconference and in-person meetings) with the Bridgepoint Academic Communications Manager
• Participate in monthly University of the Rockies PR-related discussions (teleconference and in-person meetings) with the VP of Public Relations and Bridgepoint’s agency partners.
• Send written news releases and communications to the Academic Communications Manager for approval before media distribute and/or website posting.
• Respond to requests for interviews/experts as identified by Bridgepoint’s agency partners. Work directly with the agency of record to pitch, schedule and document media interviews.
• Write, edit and take photos/videos as requested by the Corporate Communications Manager for use in the monthly “Learning Curve” e-publications put out by the Corporate PR department in San Diego.
• Keep the VP of Public Relations informed of campus activities and events on an as-needed basis.
• Public Relations liaison between the UoR campus and the PR and Corporate Communications departments in San Diego.
• Share ideas, pool thoughts, and generally work in collaboration with Bridgepoint’s Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations and Community Relations departments in San Diego.
• Stand at the ready to respond, react, and communicate to the community, the media, and to the San Diego PR/CC offices and officers when called upon to do so in an emergency or in any other urgent or important matter.
• Compile, draft and send a bi-monthly email newsletter to campus students and staff.
• Review campus communications (posters, emails, etc) as the “campus subject matter expert” when requested by Comm Review.
• Manage multiple budgets, including budget development, re-forecasting and analysis of ROI and/or variances.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Eight to ten years of experience in marketing, community relations, public relations, communications, or a related field.
• Ability to develop and manage a marketing plan.
• Ability to write and edit news releases, articles and reports.
• Exceptionally strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop community relations.
• Write, with little or no supervision, clearly and effectively, and have the ability to review and self-edit for style, grammar, consistency and fluidity.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and thorough follow-through.
• Strong personal initiative, quick-learner, self-starter, mature, personable, ability to socialize in new situations and project a professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to see the “big picture,” be a team player, and work independently.
• Must be flexible with the ability to multi-task (i.e. juggle multiple assignments) and adjust to frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
• Demonstrate excellent overall communication skills and have a creative, innovative, and “ahead-of-the-curve” approach and mindset, while demonstrating good judgment.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field is required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Industry Experience is preferred.
: This opportunity of employment will require
a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a
criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification
of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional
reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit
Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms
and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer
keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to
interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Communication Skills: While performing Duties
of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions,
correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective
and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in
one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated
with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee
will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work
situations, grasp and apply new ideas,
communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to
apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment,
and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
University of the Rockies provides high-quality, accessible learning opportunities globally for diverse groups of individuals seeking...