I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Marketing & Creative Services Lead will concept, design, and art direct collateral, promotional, interactive, advertising, and sales creative projects that consistently and creatively reflect our organizations’ brand identities—including web presence (interactive and social media) and all marketing communications/recruitment/business development materials for (currently) three distinct organizational entities: Memorial Blood Centers, Nebraska Community Blood Bank, and Innovative Blood Resources. Primary responsibilities include setting creative direction, playing a key role in developing overall marketing and campaign-specific strategies, leading efforts to execute those strategies that support internal and external marketing communications objectives, and collections and donor recruitment goals. In all areas related to creative services provided by the Marketing Department, the Marketing & Creative Services Lead will be expected to be directly involved in liaising with external vendors (including pricing negotiations), and other internal departments essential to achieving revenue growth for the organization (e.g., Donor Recruitment, Collections, IT) and to achieving the Marketing Department’s overall goals of tracking and improving the effectiveness of all marketing efforts, streamlining our communication methodology, advancing our use of technology to reach younger and/or new donors and in all ways furthering the mission and vision of our organizational entities. This position will also assist with overseeing the work of graphic designers and other marketing staff, including temporary graphic and web designers.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
% OF TIME SPENT
PROCESS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
40% - Art direct the development and execution of all creative services to support established marketing strategies for internal and external communications
20% - Provide creative direction and direct supervision to junior designers
- Conceptualize, design and/or direct the creative development and implementation of all branding, advertising, sales, and marketing communications for print, online and other media.
- Ensure that consistent design and creative concepts are executed across all company media and affiliated organizations.
- Contribute design expertise and project management skills to all creative projects, working with internal customers and outside vendors, negotiating pricing, performing press checks, etc. to ensure the highest level of quality and timeliness.
- Branding responsibilities include templates for standard documents, including PowerPoint, Word, and other projects.
Conduct performance reviews, make pay and promotions recommendations, and address any disciplinary or professional development needs that may arise.
- Direct the work of FT and temporary marketing and creative design staff, assigning projects, setting priorities and design direction, etc.
- Lead, motivate, and direct staff in completing tasks, attaining goals to ensure the on-time delivery of projects that reflect established marketing strategies and campaign objectives, and adhere to branding guidelines
- As necessary, in collaboration with Director of Marketing, recruit, hire, and train new creative talent.
20% - Branding, interactive and social media management
20% - Manage Marketing Department’s performance metrics collection and evaluation process. Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Create and establish oversight processes to ensure consistency in execution of the organization’s branding standards; develop new and enhanced standards as needed.
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Marketing, lead the department’s initiatives to incorporate technological capabilities and advancements in using interactive media to engage current and prospective donors, financial contributors, and others in the organization’s mission.
- Ensure that all interactive media and website information is accurate and all branded sites are employing the latest in web standards, tools, and engagement strategies
III. FORMAL PREPARATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Partner with the Director of Marketing to continually fine-tune and oversee the process of tracking and reporting on the effectiveness of all marketing efforts, including online, print, broadcast advertising, and other promotional activities.
- Responsible for identifying tracking methods and producing monthly and quarterly reports for goal reporting.
Must consistently be able to professionally and constructively interact with the general public as well as corporate executives, boards of directors, managers, peers, et al. Must be self-motivated and able to initiate, manage and complete projects. Highly developed planning and organizational skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in health care marketing, preferably with B2C and - B2B experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience in managing design and creative staff.
- 5 or more years’ experience managing complex design projects, comprehensive strategic campaigns, interactive projects, including email, social media, and website strategies.
- Strong conceptual thinker who possess a wide range of design capabilities, including a solid background in branding, print, typography, web and interactive media; additional skills in photo art direction and video production desirable.
- Possess a deep understanding of branding and brand management with experience overseeing the development and execution of brand-focused design projects or creative campaigns.
- Extremely resourceful; able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget constraints
- Analytical as well as creative; competencies in understanding marketing metrics and techniques to track and measure the effectiveness of marketing activities, including social media
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills in order to juggle and project manage multiple assignments and tasks at the same time
- Experienced creative designer, proficient in design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficient across both Mac and PC platforms
- Experience using CMS platforms for websites strongly encouraged
- Experience performing HTML strongly preferred
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Innovative Blood Resources - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard