We are looking
for a marketing & pricing analyst to join TripAdvisor for Business to
provide analysis & planning to the marketing team and across the business
as needed as well as manage our Business Listing Pricing strategy and
development going forward. The goal of this role is to provide insights into
commercial and marketing trends based on analysis of internal, market &
competitive information. He/she will have skills & experience of working
with sales, marketing, financial, commercial & web data. Specifically
he/she will be responsible for analyzing our pricing proposition and work to
develop and optimize it further as we introduce more product features and
penetrate more markets. Furthermore, the marketing analyst would be responsible
for producing detailed reports on the effectiveness of marketing programs,
identifying new market opportunities & evaluating our business results.
The ideal candidate will be a strong data analyst with a background in an
online business, developing pricing models and strategies with some experience
in working with digital trends and building business cases.
• Manage the delivery of marketing analytics projects, evaluating market
readiness programs, tracking customer demand, optimizing product pricing, and
other areas as assigned.
• Subject areas for analysis and recommendations for
business action will include evaluating sales performance vs. plan, the impact
of marketing activities on market readiness, and other areas as assigned.
• Provide data driven decisions to support company leadership as well as
• Be an expert in marketing and customer data, and help to identify and fill
data gaps, using internal resources and outside vendors.
• Manage and develop our pricing models and value
proposition strategy as our business grows and become more complex and
sophisticated – ensure we optimize revenue from established segments and
markets while developing strategies for emerging markets.
• Make intelligent trade-offs between resources available and provide
innovative solutions even in situations where all the desired data may or may
not be available.
• Have responsibility for significant marketing reports and analytical projects
and act independently to ensure these meet marketing teams’ needs.
• Collaborate with other functional teams, e.g., Marketing, Product,
Content, Listings, to understand the impact of analysis across multiple areas
of the business.
• Share expertise and best practices with analytical functions across business
to develop sound strategies to deliver on future projects.
• 5+ years of business experience; Online marketing experience
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving
• Strong ability translating data into commercial insights
• Experience developing pricing models and/or revenue
• Must be very comfortable with data analysis and able to
use data to make decisions.
• Experience working with sophisticated self-service tools
and data management systems.
• Very strong Excel skills (must be comfortable analyzing
large quantities of data utilizing Excel)
• Able to work quickly, not afraid to experiment and amend
approach based on data analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Smarter Travel Media
- 3 years ago - save job
TripAdvisor is primed to give you advice. A subsidiary of online travel services provider Expedia until late 2011, spun off...