Marketing & Sales Intern, Dachis Group
Are you eager to gain real-world experience in Austin’s tech startup scene, and learn about the fundamentals of sales, marketing, and social strategy? Are you detail-oriented and love learning about emerging trends and events in the social media space? Dachis Group powers the real-time marketing and social engagement of the world’s leading brands through a combination of big data social analytics and world-class social consulting services. We’ve served over 50% of Fortune 500 brands worldwide including clients Disney, Discover Financial Services, Estée Lauder, Hewlett Packard, IHG, Kodak, Nestlé, Nokia, and Target.
Dachis Group has a fast paced, self-starter work environment. We look for the most talented, passionate, forward-thinking individuals seeking opportunities to join a company that will allow them to realize their potential. This spring, we are hiring a super-intern to assist both our sales and marketing teams in researching sales leads, researching executive speaking opportunities, writing marketing collateral, and learning about the social analytics space. Our ideal candidate is detail-crazed, hates missing deadlines, and loves creating thoughtful relationships: online and in-person.
What You Will Learn & Do
- Marketing fundamentals: writing, researching, brainstorming
- Sales fundamentals: sourcing leads, researching, data-gathering
- How the events and conferences world works; researching top events in our field and submitting our executives as speakers.
- Manage large, extensive documents that require close attention to detail.
- Writing techniques for creating compelling content that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people.
- Assist the marketing team with various projects and content creation.
- Learn about our powerful social analytics software platform.
- What it’s like to work in a fast-paced, fun startup environment.
- Many other additional opportunities to learn and grow!
What We Require
- A junior or senior majoring in business, marketing, communications, journalism, English or related subjects.
- Strong communication skills: written and oral (Can you talk to strangers on the phone?)
- Proficient in Google Docs (especially spreadsheets) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
- An interest in social media analytics and technology desired.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in marketing communications and software sales, gain real-world experience in the social analytics space, and seriously improve your project management skills. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the social analytics and social business field.
The position lasts from the end of January until May, and could potentially turn into a summer internship. You are expected to work 15-20 hours a week and will be paid $10-15, depending on your level of experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dachis Group - 15 months ago