Provide administrative support to management and staff within functional department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assist the functional department in the following areas:
o Sort incoming mail, addressing items as appropriate and prioritizing the items which need immediate attention
- Prepare written correspondence
- Answer incoming calls, emails, correspondence and faxes as requested
o Maintain daily calendar and contacts
o Research and schedule travel and lodging
o Organize office when needed
- General office filing, copying, shipping and other administrative duties
- General office ordering of supplies
o Assist with budget expenses, tracking, and reporting
- Plan and execute materials and logistics for all special projects as needed
o Reconciliation of corporate credit card account and preparation of expense reports to ensure deadline submission to Finance
o Assist with projects as needed both within and outside functional department
- Other administrative and special project duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High School Graduate. Associate degree in office administration, business or other related field preferred
· 1-3 years experience working in an office. Administrative support experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to make independent judgment
· Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent organization and follow through skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
· Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
· Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
· Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
· Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
· Ability to operate personal or Company vehicle for local errands, deliveries and pickups
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
Vera Bradley - 2 years ago
Vera Bradley loves women with lots of baggage. The company designs, makes and sells quilted handbags and travel bags, as well as...