Reporting to the Marketing Analytics Leader, the Marketing Analyst is responsible for the collection, reporting, and analysis of marketing related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales and productivity. She/He must collect marketing and sales data from a variety of sources and evaluate performance relative to campaign objectives, industry benchmarks, and internal targets. The tracking of key results and productivity drivers will be critical to enhance the understanding of the business and to improve communications and subsequent decision making. The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, with strong leadership, trouble shooting, and analytic skills.
The Marketing Analyst will create both standard and custom reports for Senior Sales and Marketing leaders, as well as other external and internal parties. The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for conducting analysis across distribution channels and product lines. The Marketing Analyst will develop standardized tools, methodologies, and business processes aimed at improving information access, communication, and operational efficiency.
- Provide standard and customized reporting, with the purpose of making recommendations in support of ongoing business decisions or initiatives. Utilize ROI, trending, forecasting, driver and risk identification, and mitigation tools as appropriate.
- Analyze results, develop hypothesis, and set up reports to contain output valued by senior leaders / other customers - focused conclusions, hypotheses/ideas, and guidance in terminology that they can understand and utilize.
- Gain a clear understanding of the Marketing campaign tactics, process, and objectives.
-Make thorough, well-researched decisions that are compatible with overall goals and priorities; determine significance of all pros and cons and the likelihood of success; contingencies are identified and preplanned.
-Partner with Marketing managers on key business decisions and methods to increase sales performance and marketing efficiencies. Consider industry best practices, and "people, processes, and technology".
-Provide Analytical support in developing and reviewing campaign forecasts, including variance analysis with drivers of variances identified.
-Be the subject matter expert on marketing reporting and analysis on key projects, as assigned. Contribute significantly to secondary projects and "deep dive analyses" on an as needed basis.
-Interact with and coordinate analytics with offshore team for shared deliverables.
-Work with IT and other partners to automate repeatable processes. Ensure current and future data needs are met by these groups to provide accurate and timely decision support to the business.
College degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or equivalent
• 5 to 7 years work experience in related field
• Proven analytical skills, utilizing and writing advanced queries in SQL and SAS, and utilizing Microsoft Excel, Business Objects, or comparable analytics software tools.
• Ability to pull data from multiple sources, consolidate, validate data accuracy, organize data, and create reports from various sources
• A team player who values organizational success and enjoys finding the right answer in a collaborative process, open to debate, and comfortable in active discussion
• Ability to build strong working relationships with all organizational levels
• Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
• Enthusiastic, passionate, and hard working
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey complex information to a broad audiences with differing needs
-Experience defining, implementing, and supporting business processes. Must regard all activities as processes that can be continuously improved
-Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects' critical path towards business deliverables, under tight deadlines. Ability to co-ordinate and manage simultaneous data requests of varying size and scope
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 12 months ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....