Plymouth Rock, founded in 1982 by Jim Stone, former Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner, is a privately held insurance company that writes personal and commercial lines of business in the Northeastern United States. Today, Plymouth Rock, with more than $1billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, is comprised of a group of companies that were started or acquired to expand product offerings, channels of distribution, and the geographic footprint. With more than 800,000 policyholders, Plymouth Rock writes insurance through more than 800 independent agents.
The Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
General Purpose of Job:
The Supervisor, Retail Marketing Analytics will be responsible for supporting the Retail Agency Distribution channel. The critical job function is to provide analytical support to ensure to the growth and profitability of the channel.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Analyzes profitability of different segments of retail auto product.
- Conducts pricing research and analysis of rates, segment and product features.
- Monitors competitive environment, provide insight into competitors pricing and features.
- Provides agent level reporting and analysis including agent profitability metrics and makes recommendations for improving profitability.
- Identifies market trends and concerns.
- Recommends product, price, and rule enhancements.
- Provides marketing support for data as needed.
- Effectively communicates channel results to leadership.
- Acts as liaison to Product Department.
- BS/BA in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related field.
- 5+ years experience in property and casualty insurance industry preferred but not required.
- Strong analytic aptitude required. Must be able to address complex business problems related to the product development life cycle.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and professional demeanor. Must be able to communicate on a business and technical level.
- Experience with using MS Office 2007 applications is essential. Query building skills via SQL is necessary.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation - 21 months ago