The primary focus of the Marketing Assistant is to work with the AVP Brand Development & Research to accomplish the day-to-day credit union marketing activities. Key tasks include: proof reading and editing of marketing materials; coordination of marketing projects; coordination with credit union staff; updating of Internet site and Marketing Intranet site; and coordination of special programs.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Proof reading and editing copy for monthly direct mail projects, quarterly newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Coordinate the branch marketing efforts to include creating/printing flyers, coordinating monthly branch activities, updating FORUM website, attending Marketing Correspondent meetings, and other ideas to improve the point-of-sale marketing efforts.
- Contribute to social media efforts (online promotions, Twitter, Facebook, blogging, eNewsletters, Foursquare, etc.) which includes content as well as promotional efforts to add followers/friends.
- Manage the Aware Teens database to include assigning aware points, sending update letters, and updating the database.
- Update the Marketing intranet page with monthly information including promotions, direct mail pieces, and brochures.
- Interface with vendors and potential vendors regarding their services which include media companies.
- Print and send out weekly and monthly marketing mailings which includes coordination of offers, working with designers and printers, developing segmented mailing lists for both print and custom message efforts.
- Develop and maintain the QR code campaigns for the credit union utilizing this both in branch and on direct mail offers.
- Assist with the planning of special credit union and community events as well as branch wide promotions including grass roots marketing efforts and “Pay it Forward” campaigns.
- Oversee Refer a Friend program to include sending out gift cards and updating Refer a Friend database.
- Assist the AVP Brand Development & Research in protecting and enhancing the credit union’s image and brand.
- Function as a backup to the Research Specialist for producing reports to other areas of the credit union.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
A four year undergraduate degree
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to prioritize and organize work, be detail-oriented, and able to multitask
Professional appearance and attitude
Demonstrated ability in proof reading and editing skills
Analytical and creative abilities
Ability to work under deadline pressures
Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office software)
Aptitude to learn new software packages
Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and professionalism
Forum Credit Union - 19 months ago