Assists the director, manager, and/or coordinator in developing and executing the advertising, marketing and public relations programs for a Forest City property. Learns the different areas and aspects of marketing the property while gaining on-the-job training and supporting current initiatives. Performs administrative duties to support the Marketing department and, depending on the property needs, general operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists in conducting market research to help establish marketing goals/objectives and to help develop an advertising/marketing strategy.
2. Assists in writing press releases, public service announcements, tenant communications and other related correspondence. Creates, edits, and proofreads moderate to complex letters and/or reports as well as other documentation including e-mail, tables, presentations, and spreadsheets.
3. Assists in the development and coordination of special events and promotions. This includes working with local groups and businesses to plan community events for the property. May also coordinate activities of marketing and other workers engaged in the final set-up of various promotions and special events.
4. Prepares checks for payment of advertising/marketing expenditures and maintains expense journals and petty cash.
5. Assists in the development of annual budget and marketing plan by calculating CPI increases, tenant dues, and owner contributions.
6. Provides administrative assistance for property to support daily ongoing business needs; anticipates needs of staff based on current projects.
Numerous and ongoing daily contacts with various departments, associates, tenants, local businesses, community groups, news media, and governmental entities. These contacts range from a simple give and exchange of information to triaging inquires to appropriate areas.
Has no direct financial responsibility.
Requires a high school diploma, GED (General Educational Development), or equivalent.
In addition to the education outlined above, at least one year prior business experience working in a support position for an established organization exhibiting the skills to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines, able to work through interruptions, and perform multiple tasks throughout the day. Prefer a background in advertising, marketing and/or public relations.
Requires a self-motivated, team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Requires close attention to detail.
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, functions and/or responsibilities of this position. Other related functions and responsibilities may be assigned by the immediate supervisor as required to complete assignments or initiatives. Forest City Enterprises reserves the right to change, add, delete or modify job functions as necessary based on business necessity. The Company or associate, independently, has the right to terminate employment at any time for any reason; employment is at will. This job description does not promise or guarantee continued employment with Forest City Enterprises.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 14 months ago