Assist in the implementation of marketing programs through magazine advertising, direct mail, trade show, sales manuals, website, social media, etc.
Copywriting of press releases, ad copy, etc.
Proofreading all marketing material.
Maintain schedules, deadlines and appointments for marketing.
Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Excellent telephone etiquette.
Handle requests for samples and literature.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete on a timely basis.
Communicate effectively with staff and external support vendors.
Assist in the management and update of website.
Organize marketing materials and information for marketing meetings.
Create and design logos, flyers, posters, billboards, etc.
Maintain advertising files – correspondences, press releases, magazine advertising, etc.
Be responsible for developing ad campaign for designated show and/or events.
Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or two (2) years related experience and training.
- Strong proofreading, grammar and copywriting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Need a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on deadline.
- Professional level of organization.
- Preferably have a working knowledge of graphics and printing programs and print media operations.
- Prefer knowledge in any of the following: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Macromedia Freehand and Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXpress and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must pass background check.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Florence Civic Center
3300 West Radio Drive
Florence, SC 29501
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V