The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marketing team, Community Relations Director, and Special Events Coordinator, providing administrative support for event planning and execution, as well as marketing and community outreach initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation, coordination and execution of marketing and community-related planned activities and events, including but not limited to: handicapping tournaments, giveaways, auction donations, trophy presentations and on-track charity walks/runs.
- Prepare guest lists and databases. Arrange meetings, appointments, and walk-throughs.
- Maintain and organize electronic and paper filing systems. Update contact and mailing lists.
- Arrange and monitor post-promotion responses and surveys.
- Assist department with responding to media, patron and industry inquiries.
- Additional project work and support of the Creative Services and Communications departments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of social media.
- Working interest/knowledge of industry media trends and Sports Marketing initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a tight-knit team.
- Excellent organization skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work a racing schedule (weekends and holidays) and to work at all three racetracks.